Working drivers for TWI, Vaisala WXT, Peet Bros Ultimeter

DR

Nov 16, 2022, 10:59:18 PM11/16/22
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
After many years and a comfortable implementation of the Rainwise IP-100
driver, my Rainwise station has died, seems currently unfixable.
Despite loosing most of the summer trying to get the ISS to transmit
again, I've lost all taht time and have to look for other inputs.

Looking through the Wiki, I see there may be three other station types
for which there are drivers which I might try.

I have a Vaisala WXT520, a Texas Weather Instruments, and a Peet Bros
Ultimeter which I might try.

Having followed the messages here, I know there were updates to Python
3, which required some modifications to the drivers that are on GitHub,
and then a recent upgrade in WeeWx itself.

My question is to current users of WeeWx, do you have a station working
with the latest WeeWx, the latest Python and any of the three drivers
mentioned here?

If there is success, I will focus on trying to get my WeeWx working again.

I know the ultimate would be to learn enough Python to implement my own
driver and be able to fix it, but quite honestly, after a several month
illness, I find that my previous understanding which I was proud of now
has become fuzzy and a personal expectation to rev my mental processes
up may take longer than I want to be without a WeeWx running, so I'm
looking for the most likely path to success, and then get back on trying
to get things working with understanding Python.

I appreciate any comments that might steer me to one of these three
mentioned drivers to see if I should even start down a particular path
with a station type.

Oh, one last question:  I had some notes on a sort of universal driver
which was mentioned as a starting point for someone wishing to begin to
learn how things work.  If I recall, it took a text file of the
station's readings and converted it into a LOOP type input for WeeWx to
ingest.  One 'only' needed to get data from the weather station, format
it into a list or dictionary, and then give it to WeeWx.  I have been
through the developer's guide and hardware guide and the wiki but for
the life of me cannot see the name of that referenced.  Have I triggered
enough recognition that someone might tell me the name of the driver and
I'll go study that again to start.

Thank you    Dale

John Kline

Nov 17, 2022, 12:08:20 AM11/17/22
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dale,

Where are you located?

> On Nov 16, 2022, at 7:59 PM, DR <wxe...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> After many years and a comfortable implementation of the Rainwise IP-100 driver, my Rainwise station has died, seems currently unfixable. Despite loosing most of the summer trying to get the ISS to transmit again, I've lost all taht time and have to look for other inputs.

storm...@gmail.com

Nov 17, 2022, 12:26:10 AM11/17/22
to weewx-user
Dale

Hopefully you are feeling better. Could the driver be "fileparser".

Storm