Neowx skin sample site

Praveen Chandrasekaran

Jan 30, 2019, 4:55:33 AM1/30/19
to weewx-user
Anyone here using a neowx skin? The screenshots look good but I would like to see a real webpage with the skin.

http://projects.neoground.com/neowx

Alan Jackson

Jan 30, 2019, 7:39:34 AM1/30/19
to weewx-user
I just installed it. http://www.ajackson.org/weewx

Praveen Chandrasekaran

Jan 30, 2019, 8:19:38 AM1/30/19
to weewx-user
Thanks. Doesnt bear Seasons skin still. I thought graphs will be more interactive using json.

Pat

Jan 30, 2019, 8:44:39 AM1/30/19
to weewx-user
Check out the Belchertown skin. It has some interactive graphs that you may be looking for.

If you want to see a sample, you can visit my website, https://belchertownweather.com

Ruben Navarro Huedo

Jan 30, 2019, 9:00:20 AM1/30/19
to weewx-user
Really Pretty skin.

I will test it.

Tim Tuck

Jan 30, 2019, 6:37:33 PM1/30/19
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
Hi Preveen,

You can check out my site...

http://weather.skybase.net/

cheers

Tim

On 30/01/2019 8:55 pm, Praveen Chandrasekaran wrote:
> Anyone here using a neowx skin? The screenshots look good but I would like to see a real webpage with the skin.
>
> http://projects.neoground.com/neowx

---

Praveen Chandrasekaran

Feb 2, 2019, 1:41:07 AM2/2/19
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
What I love about seasons skin is that all info is available at glance on phone also. No need to scroll.

Screenshot_2019-02-02-12-08-21-281_com.android.chrome.png

Günther Wrana

Mar 12, 2020, 2:40:18 AM3/12/20
to weewx-user

 Hello this is my page http://guentherwrana.ddns.net/weewx/ but for me no values ​​are shown on the curves.
I would also be interested in how I change the language.
Could you give me a tip?
On the weewx.com site I have not yet figured out how to change the language of the skins.
Thanks Günther

Günther Wrana

Nov 14, 2022, 4:28:39 PM11/14/22
to weewx-user
Hi

I have the .conf and a little bit from the syslog file send.

Why could i not my skin canch to neowx?

Thank you for all your help

Teile von syslog
weewx.conf

vince

Nov 14, 2022, 4:42:20 PM11/14/22
to weewx-user
It has been 2.5 YEARS since your previous post in this thread and I cannot understand what you are asking. I would suggest you open a new thread with a much better problem description.  Perhaps google translate would be helpful ?

Please also read "How to report a problem" in the FAQ and "Posting to weewx-user" in the wiki.

Rainer Lang

Nov 14, 2022, 4:45:54 PM11/14/22
to weewx...@googlegroups.com

I don't know why you couldn't change or add the neowx-material skin to your weewx installation.
Probably because you didn't install the skin - or at least didn't modify weewx.conf accordingly.
That's what your weewx.conf is saying - there is no proper entry for the neowx-material skin in the [StdReport] stanza.

What you have obviously done is to mix up skins - made a neowx-material entry inside the [[Seasons]] stanza - which won't work.
What you are trying to do is to convert a Mercedes car into a BMW car by changing the name on the car tail.

What you need to have are the following entries in weewx.conf:

#### ---------- start excerpt weewx.conf [StdReport] stanza --------------

    [[neowx]]
        skin = neowx-material
        enable = true
        HTML_ROOT = /var/www/html/weewx/neowx

    [[SeasonsReport]]
        # The SeasonsReport uses the 'Seasons' skin, which contains the
        # images, templates and plots for the report.
        skin = Seasons
        enable = true

#### ---------- end excerpt weewx.conf [StdReport] stanza --------------

Then you can have the seasons skin with
http://IP-address/weewx
and the neowx-material skin with
http://IP-address/weewx/neowx

Rainer Lang

Nov 14, 2022, 4:52:45 PM11/14/22
to weewx-user

Vielleicht ist Englisch zu kompliziert - also, man kann eine neue Skin nicht dadurch einführen, indem man den Namen einer bestehenden ändert.
Was Du gemacht hast ist wie der Versuch, einen Mercedes zu einem BMW zu machen, indem Du den Namen Mercedes am Heck durch BMW ersetzt - geht natürlich so nicht.
Jede Skin braucht ihren eigenen Eintrag in der [StdReport] Stanza von weewx.conf, eine eigene [[skin]] Stanza
Das funktionierende Beispiel ist unten angeführt.

Rory Gillies

Nov 15, 2022, 6:51:20 AM11/15/22
to weewx-user

I've been using it for a while now, there's a few of us working on enhancements, some of them you can see on my site:

Rainer Lang

Nov 15, 2022, 1:21:27 PM11/15/22
to 'Rory Gillies' via weewx-user

Hi Rory,

looks nice and interesting, especially the ephemeris part and the records (for me). Great work.
Any chance to get the respective skin.conf, index.html.tmpl and related .inc files - and/or (if needed) related entries in extensions.py ?
In order to see how you managed to set this up.
By the way - did you manage to integrate readings from a 2nd database (different binding) into a combined chart, e.g. rainfall reading from different consoles (and databases)
with the approach used in the neowx-material index.html.tmpl ?
While I managed to do this in the Seasons skin, I was never successful with neowx-material.

cheers

Rainer

Günther Wrana

Nov 16, 2022, 12:39:13 PM11/16/22
to weewx-user
Hallo ich schreibe einmal auf deutsch und dann die übersetzung ins Englische.
Ich habe nicht gewusst das man in der weewx.conf das so wie oben beschrieben rein schreiben muss.
Darum habe ich es so wie in meiner weewx.conf ausgeführt.
Mittlerweile funktioniert es auch mit neowx.
Ebenso bin ich kein Forum oder Gruppen Kenner darum habe ich keinen neuen Thread gemacht.
Ich entschuldige mich für die Umstände und danke für die Hilfe!

Danke sehr Günther

Hello I write once on german and then the translation into English.
I didn't know that you have to write in the weewx.conf as described above.
That's why I ran it as in my weewx.conf.
Meanwhile, it also works with neowx.
Likewise, I'm not a forum or group connoisseur so I didn't make a new thread.
I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for the help!

Thank you very much Günther

Artvd

Nov 17, 2022, 7:06:49 AM11/17/22
to weewx-user
@Rory
 I also have installed Neowx materials skin but it does not work as good as on your site. I have contacted the developper but he does not react. Like Rainer i would be interest in getting the relevant files. This is my site https://tinyurl.com/a12312223

Rory Gillies

Nov 18, 2022, 5:07:14 AM11/18/22
to weewx-user
Head over to this GitHub repository: https://github.com/seehase/neowx-material you'll find many of the enhancements there including the history page and the wind direction graph. Some of the additions are my own, such as the Windy forecast and satellite cards, I'll attach them here once I change the default index.html.tmpl (mine has many changes from the default which won't be applicable to most).

Best,

Rory

Rory Gillies

Nov 18, 2022, 5:10:07 AM11/18/22
to weewx-user
See my reply to Artvd, you can get the history page there. I'll also attach the ephemeris template. I have never tried two data sources with this skin, however if it works in Seasons it should work with Neowx.

Best,

Rory

Rainer Lang

Nov 18, 2022, 5:38:33 AM11/18/22
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rory,
"should" is the theory - that I also thought from the beginning. And it works with the tiles. But unfortunately the syntax which works with Seasons doesn't work with neowx charts ...
All kind of "tricks" tried - at no avail.
cheers
Rainer

Copain

Nov 24, 2022, 9:35:33 AM11/24/22
to weewx-user
Hi Rory

Your site is interesting indeed. I have also started to work on NeoWX, but do not have experience with bootstrap 4.
Like Rainer Lang and Artvd, I would be interested in your Stats and Ephemeris templates together with any special css code you may have included.

Unfortunately the Github repository mentioned does not have these details.

Many thanks

Copain

vhel...@gmail.com

Sep 5, 2023, 7:06:57 AM9/5/23
to weewx-user
Hi Rory,

Have you had time to change the index.html.tmpl so that you can release it?
Your site looks great!

-Ville-