utility to load missing data

enu...@gmail.com

Aug 2, 2022, 8:09:05 AM8/2/22
to weewx-user
Is there any utility that allows you to download the data from a nearby station, for example from underground weather, to fill the database with the missing data?
I was looking at wuderfixer but I think it's for the opposite, to load the missing data in weather underground.

Tom Keffer

Aug 2, 2022, 8:20:42 AM8/2/22
to weewx-user

On Tue, Aug 2, 2022 at 5:09 AM enu...@gmail.com <enu...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is there any utility that allows you to download the data from a nearby station, for example from underground weather, to fill the database with the missing data?
I was looking at wuderfixer but I think it's for the opposite, to load the missing data in weather underground.

Tom

Aug 2, 2022, 8:20:59 AM8/2/22
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
Look at the wee_import utility.

enu...@gmail.com

Aug 7, 2022, 6:22:43 AM8/7/22
to weewx-user
Thank you. I did that manually. But what he was looking for was something that was a data source, like weather underground, and that would import the data between certain dates.

Guido Cioni

Aug 7, 2022, 7:32:14 AM8/7/22
to weewx-user
You still need to first Download the data yourself before importing it.
For weather underground there are some APIs but they're extremely limited and you need to have a station there to use them.
Plus, if I remember correctly, you can only download a limited history of your own station.
there are some unofficial and unsupported ways of getting the data by parsing the html tables created when looking at.the daily history for a station, but that's far from ideal.
Also it depends on how long your period is

gjr80

Aug 8, 2022, 5:29:46 AM8/8/22
to weewx-user
Just to clarify a few WU related wee_import points. wee_import will import archive data from WU provided you have a valid station ID and API key. As far as I am aware (from limited testing) your API key will allow you to import data from any station. I am not aware of any limitations on how much history you can access/import, I have accessed up to six years of my stations WU history without issue. There is no need to manually download WU data before importing, wee_import takes care of obtaining the required data via the WU API.

Finally, I am not aware of any issues that prevent wee_import reliably working with the current WU API (other than the usually flakiness that WU seems to exhibit more and more often these days).

Gary

Guido Cioni

Aug 8, 2022, 5:36:39 AM8/8/22
to weewx-user
You're right, sorry. I didn't see that the utility was using the /history endpoint.
You can only download one day at a time but of course wee_import takes care of that by looping over the days in the date range