WH31L lightning sensor

Mark Fraser

Mar 27, 2023, 6:27:16 AM3/27/23
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
Revisiting my lightning sensor configuration as I've got no graphs on
the Seasons skin and wondering if I've set it up correctly.

In my sensor map I have:
strikes_total = strikes_total.52017.FOWH31LPacket
lightning_distance = distance.52017.FOWH31LPacket
txBatteryStatus = battery.52017.FOWH31LPacket

[StdCalibrate]

[[Corrections]]
lightning_distance = lightning_distance if
lightning_strike_count > 0 else None

and

[Accumulator]
[[lightning_distance]]
extractor = last

When I start up weewx I see
Mar 24 08:54:06 server weewx[537130] INFO user.sdr: deltas is {'rain':
'rain_total', 'strikes': 'strikes_total'}
in the log.

Is this correct?

Rainer Lang

Mar 27, 2023, 9:39:40 AM3/27/23
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
what console or device does weewx read from ?
which driver/extension are you using for catching the lightning data of
your Ecowitt WH57/Ambient WH31L ?

Mark Fraser

Mar 27, 2023, 9:53:49 AM3/27/23
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
I'm using RTL433 to read data from numerous sensors.

Mark Fraser

Mar 28, 2023, 2:52:16 AM3/28/23
to weewx-user
Wondering if I need to change lightning_strike_count to strikes as lightning_strike_count doesn't seem to be setup anywhere.
 Same goes for
observations_current = outTemp, heatindex, windchill, dewpoint, outHumidity, barometer, windSpeed, rain, rainRate, UV, radiat
ion, lightning_strike_count, inTemp, inHumidity, extraTemp1, extraHumid1, extraTemp2, extraHumid2, extraTemp3, extraHumid3, extraTemp4, extraHumid4, soilMoist1, pm1_0, pm2_5, pm10_0

Mark Fraser

May 21, 2023, 2:58:50 AM5/21/23
to weewx-user
I've finally fixed it, in the weewx-sdr extension the delta for lightning is:

DEFAULT_DELTAS = {

'rain': 'rain_total',
'strikes': 'strikes_total'}
Which is different to all the posts I've seen and to the database, all of which state:
'lightning_strike_count': 'strikes_total'

After changing the delta over to lightning_strike_count I can now see a graph for lightning strikes.