Second Anemometer - Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus

Rory Gillies

Mar 3, 2024, 5:16:35 AMMar 3
to weewx-user
I may be over thinking this but I have added a second sensor transmitter with an anemometer mounted on my roof. I use a WeatherLink Live and can see the data from the second anemometer but Weewx (4.10.2) does not, even if I unplug the one attached to the main ISS. The idea is the new anemometer will replace the original one, but how do I get WeeWx to se it?

Thanks!

Rory Gillies

Mar 4, 2024, 6:05:21 AMMar 4
to weewx-user
OK, after a bit of digging I have found the setting in the Drealine WLL driver I am using, you have to add in the extra wind sensor even though it shows up as the main anemometer in the WLL interface / Davis console.

Rich Strle

Jun 19, 2024, 11:02:54 AMJun 19
to weewx-user
Hello Rory, were you able to add a second anemometer and have it show up in the generated pages as 'roof wind' or something like that? I would like to do that but haven't seen any examples.

Rory Gillies

Jun 20, 2024, 3:22:08 PM (14 days ago) Jun 20
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rich, I couldn’t get it to work with both anemometers, I had to set the roof anemometer up as the main anemometer for the ISS in WeatherLinkLive which meant unplugging the one connected to the ISS. It works great and I’m getting much more accurate wind observations. If there’s a problem with the remote anemometer (which happened, I had an issue with the remote sensor suite) then you simply plug the ISS one back in and change it over in the WLL settings.