best way to use weewx with a Davis station

Juan Antonio Mosquera

Dec 31, 2020, 4:16:20 AM12/31/20
to weewx-user

hi, what is the best way to use weewx with a davis vantage vue2 or davis vantage pro2 ?. weatherlink live? or ... USB console and datalogger?

thanks.

Karen K

Dec 31, 2020, 8:59:22 AM12/31/20
to weewx-user
The adaptors for the console are discontinued. Davis now sells the WeatherLinkLive device, only.

To use WeatherLinkLive you do not need a console at all. Unfortunately you cannot use the device without setting it up by connecting it to the cloud of Davis.

The drivers for the old adaptors can read data saved in the device. That's why you do not loose data if weewx is down for some time. The drivers for WeatherLinkLive cannot read those data. Davis prevents it.

John Kline

Dec 31, 2020, 9:06:15 AM12/31/20
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
Only the IP data logger is discontinued:

The USB and serial loggers are still being sold by Davis:

On Dec 31, 2020, at 5:59 AM, Karen K <kk44...@gmail.com> wrote:

The adaptors for the console are discontinued. Davis now sells the WeatherLinkLive device, only.

Juan Antonio Mosquera

Dec 31, 2020, 12:45:40 PM12/31/20
to weewx-user
ok ... and with weatherlink cloud weewx gets all current and historical data (I have seen that there is a weewx extension for weatherlink live to work). QUESTION: can I buy a davis vantage pro2 with weatherlink live and have historical data with weewx? (using the extension)

John Mora

Dec 31, 2020, 3:41:01 PM12/31/20
to weewx-user
Yes you can. I have a Davis Vantage Vue and Weatherlink Live and have that ability with weewx

Mark Jenks

Jan 2, 2021, 10:33:56 AM1/2/21
to weewx-user
You can still find the 6510USB for sale online.