gw1000 did not recover from outage

Graham Eddy

Aug 23, 2020, 1:02:14 AM8/23/20
to weewx-user
had a power outage for several hours this morning and UPS #1 with server (hosting Gw1000Service) lasted the period but UPS #2 with gw1000 device and internet link failed (short by only 17 minutes!), with server regularly and properly re-trying them. when power restored, intenet link and gw1000 came up but Gw1000Service stuttered and stopped

unfortunately, i had only debug==1 as i am in monitoring mode not testing mode...

log weewx_1.txt: shows UPS #2 exhausted at 12:37, so uploads fail and Gw1000Service says it is attempting to re-discover

log weewx_2.txt: shows UPS #2 up at 12:50, uploads start succeeding, Gw1000Service discovers gw1000, then couple seconds later it reports ‘got no live data’ then ‘Gw1000Collector thread terminated’ and no more heard from Gw1000Service…

at 13:40 i sent HUP to weewxd, all the services reloaded and rain happily (Gw1000Service included)

my *guess* is that gw1000 was successfully re-discovered but race condition on first poll for data left empty record that was interpreted as asking for shutdown
weewx_1.txt
weewx_2.txt

gjr80

Aug 26, 2020, 10:45:44 PM8/26/20
to weewx-user
Thanks, based on this and one other issue I am still not sure that I have the correct logic when handling lost contact. I will raise an issue to pull this together and work through 'lost contact' logic.

Gary