installing belchertown extension

Alex Vanuxem

Nov 15, 2022, 2:30:05 PM11/15/22
to weewx-user
Hi all,

I installed the belchertown skin into the wee_extension.

if i do a --list the belchertown is listed

i have a setup.py install

and running weewx under a virtual box environment.

normally i guess the weewx.conf should be updated with this extension?
but it's not ...

do I miss something?

thx

grtz

alex

vince

Nov 15, 2022, 3:37:40 PM11/15/22
to weewx-user
Look for Belchertown with an upper case 'B'.

You should see a long stanza for Belchertown in the StdReport section of weewx.conf

Alex Vanuxem

Nov 16, 2022, 12:34:17 PM11/16/22
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Thanks for your answer.

Unfortunately nothing is there.

The skins folder is also not updated to show belchertown.

Please advise.

Thx

Alex

vince

Nov 16, 2022, 12:55:56 PM11/16/22
to weewx-user
Just install it again and remember to use 'sudo'.  Sheesh.

Alex Vanuxem

Nov 16, 2022, 12:57:59 PM11/16/22
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
Did uninstall and instal a few times. And i always use sudo.

Stefanos Kalaitzis

Nov 16, 2022, 1:17:07 PM11/16/22
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
Check weewx.conf to enable skin

enable = true

vince

Nov 16, 2022, 1:39:27 PM11/16/22
to weewx-user
On Wednesday, November 16, 2022 at 9:57:59 AM UTC-8 vanuxe...@gmail.com wrote:
Did uninstall and instal a few times. And i always use sudo.

Download a new copy of the Belchertown skin and try installing that.

Alex Vanuxem

Nov 16, 2022, 3:32:11 PM11/16/22
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
Sorted . Had a mixup of ubuntu install and python install. Learning. Thx. Thread is closed as solved.

Op wo 16 nov. 2022 19:39 schreef vince <vince...@gmail.com>:
On Wednesday, November 16, 2022 at 9:57:59 AM UTC-8 vanuxe...@gmail.com wrote:
Did uninstall and instal a few times. And i always use sudo.

Download a new copy of the Belchertown skin and try installing that.

Stefanos Kalaitzis

Nov 16, 2022, 3:34:35 PM11/16/22
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
Also i think by default the belchertown skin its published in public_html/Belchertown ... So if you want it to be your main page change it to HTML_ROOT = public_html

Here is my configuration in weewx.conf
[[Belchertown]]
        enable = true
        log_success = False
        log_failure = True
        skin = Belchertown
        HTML_ROOT = public_html

Alex Vanuxem

Nov 16, 2022, 3:58:02 PM11/16/22
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
Thx dude.

In short o got confussed with the setup.py install and the direct one.

Took me some time to figure it out.

The setyp.py doesnt work in a virtual env.

The direct one works only under /etc/weewx.

For none experts in linux the how to should be rewritten. I am glad to help in it.

Please view my 4 websites i have made this year

Enjoy.

And thank you for learning a lot about linux.

Cheers...