Netatmo

neu...@bnjpro.dk

Aug 5, 2022, 1:54:59 AM8/5/22
to weewx-user
I have received an email from Netatmo about them changing the API.

I do not understand what that impiles to me. Does anyone understand what they are doing and will it break my ability to use WeeWX?

Does anyone know or understand the code made to make Netatmo functional with weewx, and see a soplution to this topic?

I'm not much of a programmer, especially not in python, so I'm am really lost. :-)

Cheers
Bent

Guido Cioni

Aug 5, 2022, 7:56:39 AM8/5/22
to weewx-user
Unfortunately the code from the netatmo driver is really old (not even Python 3 compatible) so I'm not sure it will be updated to account for this change.

neu...@bnjpro.dk

Aug 6, 2022, 5:20:01 PM8/6/22
to weewx-user
Well python 2 or 3, is not the problem it seems, because even though the weewx is now python 3, the driver for netatmo still works. But obviously the driver needs some sort of update to comply with the new API. I'm just not skilled for the job.

But I can allways hope that somebody in the same need with the necessary skills turn up with a solution.

Cheers
Bent

Guido Cioni

Aug 7, 2022, 3:46:36 AM8/7/22
to weewx-user
Are you really sure you're running weewx with Python 3? Because when I tried to use this package on my installation it would not even start exactly because of some incompatibilities (like print without parentheses...).
If it's working for you I think you're still running under Python 2.

Regarding the fix, it may not be complicated as you need to use OAuth2 instead than passing the password directly. Doesn't seem too difficult to implement, but unfortunately I don't think I'll have time to do it :( (Plus I don't use this plugin anymore so it would be difficult to test).
I will let you know in case

neu...@bnjpro.dk

Aug 8, 2022, 1:37:55 AM8/8/22
to weewx-user
I am sure I'm running Python 3, since I upgrade WeeWX every now and then. I'm running version 4.8.0 (latest), And I'm sure it is not written in both Python 2 and Python 3. But If I'm running Python 2, where do I confirm which version? Both are installed on my server.

And up until now the only problem I have is the issure pointed out earlier, with two reading from netatmo server, where only one of the are registered by WeeWX netatmo driver.

Cheers
Bent

Guido Cioni

Aug 8, 2022, 2:11:38 AM8/8/22
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
Weewx runs both in Python 2 and 3, so you could easily be running in Python 2 even with the latest version.

You have to check which Python is weewx using in /etc/default/weewx and WEEWX_PYTHON

neum...@gmail.com

Aug 8, 2022, 2:28:50 AM8/8/22
to weewx...@googlegroups.com

Thank you Guido.

You are right, it is running Python 2. Maybe I should address that as well.

Cheers

Bent