no records from davis advantage

Mark Hahn

Jun 24, 2024, 12:33:22 PM (10 days ago) Jun 24
to weewx-user
I've been using weewx for years with no problem.  I had a power failure last night and have not been able to get any records from my davis advantage since.  My davis console is able to connect to the remote station and show data on its screen.  My linux weewx was able to connect to davis using ttyUSB0 serial port.

There is nothing being written to my sqlite db and  my service log doesn't show any records being sent to CWOP.  Here is the weewx status ...
INFO weewx.manager: Daily summaries up to date
DEBUG weewx.drivers.vantage: Getting archive packets since
DEBUG weewx.drivers.vantage: Successfully woke up Vantage console
DEBUG weewx.drivers.vantage: Retrieving 433 page(s); starting index= 3
DEBUG weewx.drivers.vantage: DMPAFT complete: page timestamp
DEBUG weewx.drivers.vantage: Catch up complete.
INFO weewx.engine: Starting main packet loop.
DEBUG weewx.drivers.vantage: Successfully woke up Vantage console
DEBUG weewx.drivers.vantage: Requesting 200 LOOP packets.
DEBUG weewx.drivers.vantage: Successfully woke up Vantage console

I assume "Requesting 200 LOOP packets" means requesting data from davis Vantage Console.  Usually the log shows records being uploaded. I asssume the packet requests are not successful.

I doubt my davis console is broken.  Does anyone have any ideas for what I should try to fix this?

BTW, Is there any way to show more of the log?  I got the log shown above using /etc/init.d/weewx status.  I'd to see the entire log since starting the weewx process.

vince

Jun 24, 2024, 1:01:11 PM (10 days ago) Jun 24
to weewx-user
Message has been deleted

tguo...@gmail.com

Jun 24, 2024, 1:37:08 PM (10 days ago) Jun 24
to weewx-user
Is this a weatherlink live device or a datalogger?

Mark Hahn

Jun 24, 2024, 1:59:11 PM (10 days ago) Jun 24
to weewx-user
>  Is this a weatherlink live device or a datalogger?

I don't know what those are.  I'm using weewx connect to a davis vantage.

Tom Keffer

Jun 24, 2024, 7:31:05 PM (9 days ago) Jun 24
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
Classic case of corrupted memory in the logger. See the section Corrupt station memory in the document that Vince linked to

On Monday 24 June 2024 at 13:33:22 UTC-3 Mark Hahn wrote:
[...]

Mark Hahn

Jun 24, 2024, 8:02:28 PM (9 days ago) Jun 24
to weewx-user
Thanks to all.  I fixed this using weectl to clear the memory.