GW2000 & WH90 rain rate vs WH80 rain rate.

Stephen Hocking

May 12, 2022, 2:04:15 AM5/12/22
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Thanks to Gary's patience in explaining how the Seasons skin works, I was able to graph Piezo rain rate (WH90) vs the traditional tipping bucket rain rate measure (WH80) and get an idea where they start to diverge. The GW2000 offers a 5 band sort of graphic equaliser for correcting the rain rate at various rates, so this is giving me a better idea of what correction factors need to be put in place. Basically they agree at lower rain rates, but the divergence is high at higher rain rates. See below:

image.png

--
  "I and the public know
  what all schoolchildren learn

Tom Keffer

May 12, 2022, 10:02:30 AM5/12/22
to weewx-user
That's very cool!

I'll be eager to see how your regression algorithms fare on future rainy days.

Stephen Hocking

May 23, 2022, 8:07:34 AM5/23/22
to weewx...@googlegroups.com

Accidentally goofed - on converting my DB to metric units, I lost all my collected piezo rain data. More rain is forecast later this week though. And my tipping bucket collector is a WH40, not WH80. Someone nearby has a WH80, and it keeps on showing up on my GW2000's web page.