Weather34 Skin and no rain

Peter Peter

Mar 21, 2023, 10:08:36 PM3/21/23
to weewx-user
First question: Is this the correct place/forum/group for Weather34?

if yes see next

Ok all and thanks to Garry we seem to be collecting data via Weewx including rain butits not showing up in the Weather34 skin. I have been searching around in the weewx conf file etc and looked at various things but cannot find an explanation for the seetings so maybe there is no issue and the settings are just incorrect.

the main thing I can see is
Weather34RealTime]
    realtime_path_only = ""
    unit_system = METRICWX
    exclude_fields = rain
    cache_enable = True
    cache_stale_time = 900

So I was wondering if the exclude_fields = rain is my issue or the missing paths?

and somewhere else there was something to do with rain, mm 5 and I wondered if that was a minimum amount to register or something?

    weewx_port = 25252
    webserver_address = ""
    weewxserver_address = ""
    weewx_file_transfer = ""
    HTML_ROOT = ""

Peter Peter

Mar 21, 2023, 10:10:52 PM3/21/23
to weewx-user
As a side note I also miss the solar radiation reading as well (but get the UV) so I am thinking as per the reading of other conversations that it has something to do with real time files

Ian Millard

Mar 22, 2023, 3:36:49 AM3/22/23
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
Is your website public. If so can you direct me to it please. Otherwise PM your w34realtime.txt file.
Thank you,
Ian

Sent from my iPad.

On 22 Mar 2023, at 02:10, Peter Peter <sale...@gmail.com> wrote:

As a side note I also miss the solar radiation reading as well (but get the UV) so I am thinking as per the reading of other conversations that it has something to do with real time files

Peter Peter

Mar 22, 2023, 3:52:52 AM3/22/23
to weewx-user
Yeah its public. Just been doing a debug and watching sys log etc
Only fault I can see in syslog so far is  DEBUG weewx.reportengine: Cannot read localization file /etc/weewx/skins/Weather34/lang/en.conf for report 'Weather34Report': Config file not found: "/etc/weewx/skins/Weather34/lang/en.conf".

and website is

Peter Peter

Mar 22, 2023, 4:12:20 AM3/22/23
to weewx-user
A couple of points. Thank you for supporting users. I used to write sharewar back in the nineties and know that creating the initial product is 10% of the work and supporting the users is the other 250%

In sniffing around my system after coming home (initialy started this whilst at work) I just noticed that https://www.pwsweather.com/station/pws/goulbnswgrs isnt showing the rain. That gets updated from Weewx. Wunderground gets updated from the gw2000 and it shows the rain...... I fully expect its something I have done