Error in syslog on Weewx 5.0.0rc3

Steven Sheeley

Jan 8, 2024, 1:50:03 AMJan 8
to weewx-development
Just installed RC3 today and I noticed this arror in my syslog:

Jan 07 21:15:15 wendywx python3[4406]: /home/rayvenhaus/weewx-venv/lib/python3.11/site-packages/Cheetah/Compiler.py:1631: UserWarning:
Jan 07 21:15:15 wendywx python3[4406]: You don't have the C version of NameMapper installed! I'm disabling Cheetah's useStackFrames option as it is painfully slow with the Python version of NameMapper. You should get a copy of Cheetah with compiled C version of NameMapper.
Jan 07 21:15:15 wendywx python3[4406]:   warnings.warn(

I done the staeps in the troubleshooting pip document and weewx is running just fine, it seems, however, not sure why that error is there and thought I'd share with with the dev team.

Vince Skahan

Jan 8, 2024, 12:15:36 PMJan 8
to weewx-development
What hardware platform, os, and version are you on ?

Steven Sheeley

Jan 8, 2024, 10:27:58 PMJan 8
to weewx-development
Sorry I didn't include that in the first post Vince

Hardware: Raspberry Pi 4B, 4GB with 120GB USB SSD Drive (in place of SD card) fresh and clean, just basic LAMP installation)
OS:  Raspian OS 12 (Bookworm) lite (No desktop, just cli)
Weewx Version: 5.0.0.rc3 (That one is listed in the subject)

Vince Skahan

Jan 8, 2024, 11:24:56 PMJan 8
to weewx-development
Ok. I can try to recreate it tomorrow PST here. Stay tuned. I ran into it too but can’t recall my steps to battle through it. I think the lite os needs a dpkg or two and maybe an additional pip module or did at one point in time.

Vince Skahan

Jan 9, 2024, 12:12:48 AMJan 9
to weewx-development
Sorry cannot recreate on a newly flashed and fully upgraded raspios lite on a pi4.  My ‘dpkg —print-architecture’ returns armhf so it is 32 bit.

Paul R Anderson

Jan 9, 2024, 9:39:28 AMJan 9
to Vince Skahan, weewx-development
This may document when Vince had a similar issue I'm disabling Cheetah's useStackFrames

Paul