weewx v5 pip install backup script

Vince Skahan

Apr 13, 2023, 5:51:55 PM4/13/23
to weewx-development
In case there's any interest, I cooked up a quick script that backs up a weewx v5 'pip-installed' weewx data and the software itself to a tgz file for archival purposes.

Assuming you did all your pip3 installations with the recommended --user option, restoring a new computer should be (almost) as easy as restoring the results this script packages up for safe-keeping.

You probably want to also do a "pip3 list --verbose" and save that output to know your system's python3 setup.  FWIW - I save that list in my weewx-data directory so it's always there just in case someday.

The script should be pretty self explanatory - github link is (here)