Custom install path weewx v5

Copain

Feb 23, 2024, 11:30:53 AMFeb 23
to weewx-development
Many thanks to all of you for the continuous development of weewx.

I am trying to install weewx v5.0.2 to /home/test.
This does not seem to work, as the installer by default wants to use /home/USER/...

How can I pip install weewx-venv and weewx-data to a custom path, independent of the logged on system user?
Where can I change the default path?

Thank you.

Copain

Feb 23, 2024, 3:06:37 PMFeb 23
to weewx-development
Here my results of further install tests.

Install of weewx-venv to /home/test works as follows:
python3 -m venv /home/test/weewx-venv
source /home/test/weewx-venv/bin/activate
python3 -m pip install weewx

The provision of a new station with weectl station create did NOT work, as I found no way to add my custom path.
Depending on the logged on user, weewx-data is either generated in /home/USER or /root.
In a way, this approach does not seem to be consistently.

Did I overlook something to generate the station using a custom path?
Would it make sense to add a 'path option' to weewx utilities?

Tom Keffer

Feb 23, 2024, 6:42:13 PMFeb 23
to Copain, weewx-development
It's actually very simple: