Real-time readings

Joel Bion

Mar 29, 2023, 8:32:18 PM3/29/23
to weewx-development
Is it possible, using Python in Weewx, to obtain the real-time reading from the weather station?

What I want to do is, for someone pulling up my station’s page, show the wind speed, rain rate, temp etc, AT THAT MOMENT - vs. from a snapshot taken at the last every-five-minute report generation moment.

Is that possible? Obviously, the type of station may matter here. If a station only sends a packet of info every five minutes, there’s no finer granularity than that.

Thanks!
Joel

Vince Skahan

Mar 29, 2023, 9:53:20 PM3/29/23
to weewx-development
Belchertown with the websockets enabled can get pretty close....

michael.k...@gmx.at

Mar 31, 2023, 5:45:30 AM3/31/23
to weewx-development
A common solution ist to install weewx-mqtt, configure it to publish MQTT messages on new loop packets.

So this isn't exactly realtime data (depending on the station model), but probably the closest you get, with using existing solutions.

There are some skins (Belchertown, Bootstrap, ...) with live weather feed, if you are searching for an out-of-the-box solution.

G Hammer

Apr 2, 2023, 11:16:42 AM4/2/23
to weewx-development
I give this skin my recommendation for live data from your MQTT data.