WeeWX V5 station registration self.post_interval

Paul R Anderson

Mar 24, 2023, 9:12:07 AM3/24/23
to weewx-development
WeeWX V5 commit 4acc09e Limits station registration interval to 3600 seconds (once an hour) max.
# how often can clients update, in seconds
my $max_frequency = 3600;
However the WeeWX site currently limits station registration to once a day. So i suspect it has register.cgi my $max_frequency = 86400;
So currently with WeeWX V5 we allow users to attempt to register once an hour, but during a 24 hour period 23 requests will fail, and 1 will succeed.
This causes 23 unnecessary failed requests to the website, and 23 failed log entries in the users log.
Seems it might be better if station registration self.post_interval Limited station registration interval to 86400 seconds (once a Day) max.

Thanks Paul

Tom Keffer

Mar 24, 2023, 9:11:52 PM3/24/23
to Paul R Anderson, weewx-development
Good eye, Paul.

Commit 7ed5aaa changes it to once a day.

I changed the station registry server to accept posts once every 23 hours so we avoid a race condition.