Re: [weewx-development] Programmatic way to know when end of webpages generation is complete?

Tom Keffer

Feb 28, 2024, 5:56:53 PMFeb 28
to jpb...@gmail.com, weewx-development
Report generation is done in a separate thread, so there is no event created when the reports finish.

However, what you can do is create a new report generator. Right now, there are 5 report generators: CheetahGenerator, ImageGenerator, CopyGenerator, FtpGenerator, and RsyncGenerator, generally run in that order.

Create a new generator that does what you want, following the pattern of an existing generator (say, FtpGenerator). Then create a report which runs it. Look at the "FTP" report, which does something similar. Put your "report" at the end of all the other reports, and it will be run last.

That's a brief description. Let me know if you have any questions.

On Wed, Feb 28, 2024 at 6:17 AM jpb...@gmail.com <jpb...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi -

There are a couple of programmatic tasks I would like to perform the moment weewx has finished its every 5-minute 'round' of updating its webpages, graphics, etc. Essentially, I am wanting an 'event' to trigger when this generation is complete, so then I can execute some tasks at that moment.

Does such an event exist?

Thanks!