V4.6.0 beta 2

Tom Keffer

Sep 28, 2021, 7:10:34 PM9/28/21
to weewx-development

One notable change: the syntax for $gettext has changed from "bracket-style" to "function-style". That is, instead of this

$gettext["something to be translated"]

use this

$gettext("something to be translated")

There are also some new bug fixes, notably in the logger.

A nice new feature is the ability to conditionally generate plot graphs on whether-or-not they include any data. See option "skip_if_empty" in the Customization Guide.

-tk

bell...@gmail.com

Sep 29, 2021, 11:52:12 AM9/29/21
to weewx-development
Hi,
I updated from 4.6 a4 to 4.6 b2. All is working well with the change to $gettext and $pgettext.
In 4.6 a4, I was able to the following:
        # Log to a set of rotating files
        [[[rotate]]]
            level = DEBUG
            formatter = standard
            class = logging.handlers.RotatingFileHandler
            filename = %(WEEWX_ROOT)s/run/weewx.log
            maxBytes = 10000000
            backupCount = 4
But, in 4.6 b2, the interpolation is failing. If this new behavior is intended, it is no big deal. It just made it easier for me to copy the config file to different install locations.
rich

Tom Keffer

Sep 29, 2021, 6:20:17 PM9/29/21
to bell...@gmail.com, weewx-development
The behavior is a side-effect of getting the rest of the logging to work. It no longer accepts interpolation. You'll have to do the substitution for WEEWX_ROOT yourself.

Thanks for the feedback, Rich!

-tk