run reports on unpublished and/or private observations?

Calflora Database

Aug 23, 2021, 7:12:27 PM8/23/21
to Weed Manager
Dear WM Community,
Currently, when you are creating custom reports using either the "Observations - All" or "Observations - WM Groups" domains, the only data that is returned are for observations with access status either as Published or Obscured (the "Observations - WM Coordinating Groups" domain uses the rules defined in the coordinating group).

If it is likely that you will want to be able to run reports reflecting unpublished and/or private observations, we would need to change the definition of the domains to not restrict records based on access. Then any report you create will include all observations you have access to regardless of their access. If you wanted to only report on Published observations, you would need to create a filter to limit the data you are reporting on.

Given that this could be a fairly substantive change, we wanted to talk about it in the upcoming Weed Manager meeting on September 8th, before making any changes, and we wanted to give you advance notice so that you can think through the implications for your own reporting needs before we meet on the 8th.

Please join us for our next WM meeting Wednesday September 8th at 10am on zoom
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87617098585

Meeting ID: 876 1709 8585
One tap mobile +16699009128,,87617098585# US

Hope you can join us in September!
The Calflora Team