Need help for solving some issues with bots

Souvik Biswas

Sep 1, 2021, 2:55:17 AM9/1/21
to Wechaty
Hi Huan,

We have created a few issues on GitHub, but haven't received any reply yet:
https://github.com/wechaty/wechaty.js.org/issues/1176

These issues related to the code need to be resolved before we can proceed with their tutorials. A few of the bots seem too complex for them to be included in the documentation, let us know what do you think.

Also, there's a PR open in the wechaty-getting-started repo related to the issue in the Ding Dong bot code sandbox. I had fixed the issue and stored it on my personal GitHub account but Rui suggested to include it in the Wechaty repo, so this PR needs to be merged in order to resolve this issue.

Shwetal wanted a bit of description about what the demo-in-tutorial bot does so that she can complete its tutorial.

We have discussed with the volunteers and decided to skip the Cheat Sheet as it is something already covered by the how-to-guides team and it would be a repetition if we again include it under the Tutorials.

Also, about the Showcase bots, we have discussed with the volunteers and decided to skip it as it is too complex to be included in the Wechaty documentation.

As proposed in our GSoD proposal, we are working on creating a video tutorial for building the Wechaty Ding Dong bot from scratch and will include it in the documentation.

We have almost reached the end of our timeline as per our proposal, these two weeks (week 16 & 17) are our ending weeks, so we'll review and just go through the tutorials that we have created, and add any missing content or links there.

As these last few issues are resolved and all the PRs are merged, I think we can start working on our final report & video presentation.

Let us know if you have any suggestions and also about the issues that are left to be resolved.

Best,
Souvik Biswas
(Tutorials team)