Re: Video Strategy Discussion with Animation Prime

Huan Li

Mar 23, 2024, 3:51:43 PMMar 23
to Annie Hermann, Diljeet Kumar, wec...@googlegroups.com
One more thing: Let's CC future emails related to this video to wec...@googlegroups.com so that we can keep our community updated.

It will also be good for archiving now and searching in the future.

Thank you very much!

Best,
Huan Li
Chatbot Architect | Chatie.IO

California Bay Area

Join Our Community Now!

On Sat, 23 Mar 2024 at 11:14, Huan Li <hu...@chatie.io> wrote:
Hi Annie and Diljeet,

Today, I saw this link, and I think our video should be an "Explainer Video"?

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

For the explainer video, I think that link is good material for our information.

Have a great day!

Best,
Huan Li
Chatbot Architect | Chatie.IO

California Bay Area

Join Our Community Now!

On Thu, 21 Mar 2024 at 03:36, Annie Hermann <anni...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Diljeet,

To guide your video production, I've created a document with a checklist of criteria and a short script to start. Please first revise the video script according to your expertise, and then forward it to me and I will gather feedback from my coworkers. Once the script is approved, we can move onto production. We are hoping that the script can be finalized within next week.

Please see the document with the script here

Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.

Best,
Annie

On Thu, Mar 21, 2024 at 11:44 AM Huan Li <hu...@chatie.io> wrote:
Hi Dijeet,

I hope you are doing well!

After internal discussions, Annie and I think we are ready to move forward.

@Annie Hermann - Please help Dijeet understand our requirements, and follow your plan to publish our Wechaty introduction video.

Thank you very much!

Best,
Huan Li
Chatbot Architect | Chatie.IO

California Bay Area

Join Our Community Now!

On Thu, 14 Mar 2024 at 19:22, Annie Hermann <anni...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Diljeet,

Happy to connect with you! As Huan said, we're working on a criteria checklist to guide the video. I'll forward this to you early next week.

You can send any further questions or updates my way! I'll be in more contact with you as we move along.

Best,
Annie

On Fri, Mar 15, 2024 at 2:21 AM Huan Li <hu...@chatie.io> wrote:
Hey Dijeet,

Thanks for the follow-up.

Yes, we have checked out the proposal, and I'm working with @Annie Hermann on the internal discussion of the video's criteria checklist.

We will finish our internal discussion soon next week, and Annie will contact you to process future steps on our awesome Wechaty project.

Best,
Huan Li
Chatbot Architect | Chatie.IO

California Bay Area

Join Our Community Now!

On Thu, 14 Mar 2024 at 07:31, Diljeet Kumar <dil...@animationprime.com> wrote:
Hey Huan,

Just a follow-up message to see if you’ve checked out the proposal and are ready to proceed further as we’re really excited to start working on this project.

Cheers,

Diljeet Kumar
Animation Prime LTD

On Mon, Mar 11, 2024 at 6:13 PM Diljeet Kumar <dil...@animationprime.com> wrote:
Hey Huan, thanks for sending the information and apologies for the tardy response as I was out of office for a few days.

I have checked the details and reviewed with the team as well. We can surely pull this off for you and recreate the video for you utilizing your previous data + feedback. The project would total $400 within everything taken cared of by our team.

Regarding the next step, I have attached the proposal and the 50% initial deposit payment link below. Just have the proposal signed, and let me know once the payment has been initiated & I will have my team start working on the visuals for your explainer video.

Click here to sign the proposal

Click here to make an initial deposit

Excited to work with you.

Diljeet Kumar
Animation Prime LTD

On Tue, Mar 5, 2024 at 4:17 AM Huan Li <hu...@chatie.io> wrote:
Hey Dijeet,

Thanks for the information. Your videos look great!

Here's the project information I mentioned in our meeting:
  1. Wechaty: The open-source project Wechaty, https://github.com/wechaty, is a groundbreaking open-source software application poised to revolutionize the world of chatbot development. Wechaty offers a powerful toolkit that empowers developers to effortlessly create chatbots capable of seamlessly interacting with users across various instant messaging platforms. From WhatsApp and WeChat to WeCom, Gitter, and QQ, Wechaty's cross-platform support is nothing short of impressive.
  2. Wechaty introduction video discussion: https://github.com/wechaty/docusaurus/issues/1256
  3. Previous draft video: https://vimeo.com/user25098419/review/578811418/4b79b846fb
  4. The video will be embedded in our landing page: https://wechaty.js.org
    1. Requirement: https://wechaty.js.org/2021/05/01/landing-page-value-proposition/
    2. Proposal: https://wechaty.js.org/2021/05/12/gsod-2021-reconstruct-landing-page-team-proposal/
I look forward to hearing from you on how we can continue working on this project together.

Thank you very much, and have a great week!

Best,
Huan Li
Chatbot Architect | Chatie.io

California Bay Area

Join Our Community Now!

On Sat, 2 Mar 2024 at 07:23, Diljeet Kumar <dil...@animationprime.com> wrote:
Hey Huan, first of all thank you for the great conversation we had earlier this week and I apologize for the tardy response as I was out of office for a few days.

As discussed, I've attached some recent videos we created and these are related to the SaaS industry.

Viable - SaaS Explainer Video

Spyn.ai

Opentate

Also here is Animation Prime Pitch Deck - Explainer Video

Please check it out and let me know your thoughts and also as you mentioned please send over the details of the open source project and the previous work done on the video project.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Diljeet Kumar
Animation Prime LTD

On Tue, Feb 27, 2024 at 9:00 PM Diljeet Kumar <dil...@animationprime.com> wrote:
Hey Huan,

I’m glad to see that you’ve set up a call with me today at 04:30 PM Eastern time.

Join the meeting here at the scheduled time

Looking forward to our chat

Diljeet Kumar
Animation Prime LTD

Diljeet Kumar

Mar 25, 2024, 4:38:27 AMMar 25
to Huan Li, Annie Hermann, wec...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for approving the invoice, I will confirm the receipt once we get notified by our bank.

I reviewed the explainer video information link you shared with me, Huan. We are exactly working on creating the explainer video for your product as our main goal is to engage and persuade our target audience.

I've just received the draft script from our copywriter, please have a look and feel free to let me know your feedback about it. Draft Script
We used your provided scripts and laid it out in a storyline flow, but please feel free to let me know if you have any issues with the style used or if any changes need to be made to the script.

We try not to use visual outlines while writing the script as it kind of binds the designer to create something accordingly, but without any visual guidelines we can use our free thinking to create the visuals and then build from there based on your feedback so it brings both our thoughts on the table.
Wechaty Draft Script

Diljeet Kumar
Animation Prime LTD

Annie Hermann

Mar 25, 2024, 10:53:40 PMMar 25
to Huan Li, wec...@googlegroups.com
Hi Huan,

I made some comments on the script from Diljeet. What do you think?

Best,
Annie

Huan Li

Mar 26, 2024, 3:01:54 AMMar 26
to Annie Hermann, wec...@googlegroups.com
Hi Annie,

As we discussed before, please go ahead and consult with Dijeet to revise the video script as needed until you both agree on it first.

After that, please send the script to me and the community to collect feedback 1-2 rounds.

Then, based on the feedback, you go back with Dijeet to create the final script. Then, let's have another meeting to discuss this final script and make the final revision.

Does this work for you? Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you very much.

Best,
Huan Li
Chatbot Architect | Chatie.IO

California Bay Area

Join Our Community Now!

Annie Hermann

Mar 26, 2024, 4:16:39 AMMar 26
to Diljeet Kumar, wec...@googlegroups.com
Hi Diljeet,

Thanks for the script! If this format is what works best for the designer, then let's keep it this way. I've added some comments to change some of the wording. Please take a look at let me know if you have any changes.

Best,
Annie

Diljeet Kumar

Mar 26, 2024, 12:20:06 PMMar 26
to Annie Hermann, wec...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Annie. We are looking into your suggestions.

Diljeet Kumar
Animation Prime LTD

Diljeet Kumar

Mar 27, 2024, 12:29:17 PMMar 27
to Annie Hermann, wec...@googlegroups.com, Huan Li
Huan, this is confirmation that we have received the deposit on our end.

@Annie Hermann, our copywriter has made the changes in the script and has asked for suggestions from your end on the same doc before finalization.

Looking forward to your response.

Diljeet Kumar
Animation Prime LTD

Annie Hermann

Mar 27, 2024, 11:56:27 PMMar 27
to Huan Li, wec...@googlegroups.com
Hi Huan,

The script is all set on my end. I created a copy of the script to send externally. I will send it on discord for input from the community, and please take a look yourself.

Best,
Annie

Huan Li

Mar 28, 2024, 12:36:16 AMMar 28
to Annie Hermann, wec...@googlegroups.com
Hi Annie,

After reading your script, I don't think it's a ready-for-discussion script.

First, it is too short and overly simple and lacks much of the required information for the script, like 1/time code, 2/visual effect description, 3/etc.

Please see my suggestion example in our main document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DdS51_INrpSj63GK67mBFbW09FC1sDdnhk-dvfLQhDc/edit#heading=h.qlqhjd4p09wv. The new script to be discussed should not be simpler than this one.

Please update your script and move it to our main document so we can continue using this document for our community video and for future review and achievement.

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions. Thank you very much.

Best,
Huan Li
Chatbot Architect | Chatie.IO

California Bay Area

Join Our Community Now!

Annie Hermann

Mar 28, 2024, 2:05:34 AMMar 28
to Diljeet Kumar, Huan Li, wec...@googlegroups.com
Hi Diljeet,

Thanks for the updates! The script text looks great, but after consulting, we want to be more specific with the graphics and timestamps to make sure the video delivers our message. I've added an updated version below the original script in the script document. Please take a look and let me know of any suggestions.

Best,
Annie

Diljeet Kumar

Mar 30, 2024, 8:05:12 AMMar 30
to Annie Hermann, Huan Li, wec...@googlegroups.com
Awesome, thanks. As the script is finalized, I have asked the design team to start working on the visuals and I will send over the theme of visuals to you for review.

Cheers

Diljeet Kumar
Animation Prime LTD

Diljeet Kumar

Apr 3, 2024, 1:10:44 PMApr 3
to Annie Hermann, Huan Li, wec...@googlegroups.com
Hey Annie, Our design team has created the theme for the video which is actually the first few slides of the storyboard to give you an idea of what kind of graphics we are planning to use.

Please have a look and let me know your thoughts, then we will move to create the complete storyboard.

Wechaty Theme V1 03 April

Cheers

Diljeet Kumar
Animation Prime LTD

Annie Hermann

Apr 7, 2024, 10:14:01 PMApr 7
to Diljeet Kumar, Huan Li, wec...@googlegroups.com
Hi Diljeet,

The starter design looks great. I just have a few notes.
1. Instead of the blue bot design on slides 3&4, we should use the green bot from the Wechaty logo for consistency.
2. In slide 4, I'd like to see the apps connected to the bot with lines instead of just circling around it.
3. The RPA graphic on slide 3 should also include that Wechaty is an SDK. Perhaps it could be some sort of box or computer full of graphics of the functioning.

I'm looking forward to seeing more!

Best,
Annie

Diljeet Kumar

Apr 8, 2024, 10:01:20 AMApr 8
to Annie Hermann, Huan Li, wec...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the feedback, @Annie Hermann. I will get these changes incorporated and send over the complete storyboard once done.

Diljeet Kumar
Animation Prime LTD

Diljeet Kumar

Apr 15, 2024, 7:20:40 AMApr 15
to Annie Hermann, Huan Li, wec...@googlegroups.com
Hey Annie,

Our design team has incorporated the feedback and created the complete storyboard. Please have a look and feel free to let me know your thoughts.

Wechaty Storyboard V1 15 April

Best,

Diljeet Kumar
Animation Prime LTD

Annie Hermann

Apr 15, 2024, 10:43:09 PMApr 15
to Diljeet Kumar, Huan Li, wec...@googlegroups.com
Hi Diljeet,

Thanks for the update. I have quite a few suggestions.

- Slides 3, 4: Please use the green bot from the Wechaty logo instead.
 - Slides 5, 6: Add graphics displaying functionings being pointed to outside the phone. For an idea of what graphics I mean, refer to 00:28 of the previous draft video: https://vimeo.com/user25098419/review/578811418/4b79b846fb
- Slide 8: With the added graphics on 5 and 6, I don’t think this slide will be needed, and its voiceover text can be combined with slide 7.
- Slide 11: Add a graphic of a globe with connected peoples
- Slide 12: Behind the graphic, add bubbles with the 6 lines of code, (refer to https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Y-jC2f_k_mrgRjgTg98h25TlIuL6GX0b/view). Also, remove the robot graphic.
- Slide 13: This video will be featured on our website, so displaying the website page is a bit strange. Perhaps replace this with the Wechaty logo on the computer screen (like slide 9)
- Slide 14: Beneath the current text, add Wechaty’s contact information
   - GitHub: github.com/wechaty
   - Google Groups: wec...@googlegroups.com
   - Discord: QR code

I will also pool some input from the larger Wechaty community, but please get started on these changes.

Best,
Annie

Annie Hermann

Apr 15, 2024, 10:59:13 PMApr 15
to Diljeet Kumar, Huan Li, wec...@googlegroups.com
Hi Diljeet,

One quick follow up— I’d like to share this storyboard with the Wechaty community for their input. Can you confirm that it’s alright to share your storyboard publicly?

Best,
Annie

Diljeet Kumar

Apr 16, 2024, 7:07:56 AMApr 16
to Annie Hermann, Huan Li, wec...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the suggestions, Annie. We are working on it and you can surely share the storyboard with pool and let us know what they think about it.

Diljeet Kumar
Animation Prime LTD

Annie Hermann

Apr 16, 2024, 11:07:39 PMApr 16
to Huan Li, wec...@googlegroups.com
Hi Huan,

I created a new issue in docusaurus to invite community suggestions on the storyboard. Take a look when you have a chance!

Best,
Annie

Diljeet Kumar

Apr 22, 2024, 5:54:21 AMApr 22
to Annie Hermann, Huan Li, wec...@googlegroups.com
Hey @Annie Hermann, we've incorporated the changes you requested. Please review updated storyboard and let me know if we are good to move forward with this.

Wechaty Storyboard V2 22 April

Diljeet Kumar
Animation Prime LTD

Annie Hermann

Apr 22, 2024, 10:52:57 PMApr 22
to Diljeet Kumar, Huan Li, wec...@googlegroups.com
Hi Diljeet,

The storyboard is looking much better, but I still have a few more changes.

Slide 4: Please space the logos to make a more complete circle.
- Slide 9: Please put the text to the side of the globe graphic, as in 00:35 of the previous video

Slide 10: We plan to phase out this bot avatar so remove it completely.

- Let’s replace the laptop in Slide 7 with the smartphone graphic used in the first storyboard.

Best,

Annie

Diljeet Kumar

Apr 23, 2024, 6:08:24 AMApr 23
to Annie Hermann, Huan Li, wec...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for letting me know your suggestions @Annie Hermann. Our artist is making the changes and I will send over the updated storyboard for your review once ready.

Best,

Diljeet Kumar
Animation Prime LTD

Diljeet Kumar

Apr 24, 2024, 11:33:51 AMApr 24
to Annie Hermann, Huan Li, wec...@googlegroups.com
Hey Annie, we have revised the board and all new changes are incorporated. Please review the updated version and let me know if we are good to move forward to next steps.

Diljeet Kumar
Animation Prime LTD

Diljeet Kumar

Apr 24, 2024, 11:34:25 AMApr 24
to Annie Hermann, Huan Li, wec...@googlegroups.com
Here is the updated version mentioned in previous email.

Wechaty Storyboard V3 24 April

Diljeet Kumar
Animation Prime LTD

Diljeet Kumar

Apr 27, 2024, 7:07:04 AMApr 27
to Annie Hermann, Huan Li, wec...@googlegroups.com
Hey Annie, any thoughts on updated storyboard? Do let me know so we can move forward to next steps.

Diljeet Kumar
Animation Prime LTD

Annie Hermann

Apr 27, 2024, 7:01:18 PMApr 27
to Diljeet Kumar, Huan Li, wec...@googlegroups.com
Hi Diljeet!

Yes I have some small comments, apologizes for the delay. The storyboard graphics look great, just two changes.

1: We’ve changed the script a bit. See the table in the document below to match the new lines with how you’ve already allocated them to the slides. The meaning is about the same so it won’t affect the current designs, only that slide 7 is no longer needed and can be deleted.

2: Change the contact information on the last slide to only have our GitHub link. Google groups and discord aren’t needed.

With these changes, the storyboard looks great and we can move ahead with the video production.

Best,
Annie

Diljeet Kumar

Apr 30, 2024, 12:12:47 PMApr 30
to Annie Hermann, Huan Li, wec...@googlegroups.com
Hey Annie, thanks for the feedback. I realized that the document you provided is empty. Can you please check it?

Thanks

Diljeet Kumar
Animation Prime LTD

Diljeet Kumar

May 6, 2024, 9:29:38 AMMay 6
to Annie Hermann, Huan Li, wec...@googlegroups.com
Hey Annie, hope you had a great weekend. Our artist has revised the visuals. Feel free to let me know what you think about it.

Wechaty Storyboard V4 06 May

Diljeet Kumar
Animation Prime LTD

On Wed, May 1, 2024 at 10:10 PM Diljeet Kumar <dil...@animationprime.com> wrote:
No problem, Annie. Thanks for fixing it. I will get back to you with revised visuals.

Diljeet Kumar
Animation Prime LTD

On Wed, May 1, 2024 at 9:12 AM Annie Hermann <anni...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Diljeet, sorry about that! Check the document again.

Diljeet Kumar

May 8, 2024, 8:21:44 AMMay 8
to Annie Hermann, Huan Li, wec...@googlegroups.com
Hey Annie, any feedback or thoughts on the updated video or are we good to proceed to next steps?

Diljeet Kumar
Animation Prime LTD

Annie Hermann

May 10, 2024, 2:00:58 AMMay 10
to Huan Li, wec...@googlegroups.com
Hi Huan,

Take a listen of the voiceovers when you have a chance. I like Dusty or Brianna since I think the upbeat style suits our video. Then just let me know if you think a male or female voice is better.

Best,
Annie

On Wed, May 8, 2024 at 9:58 PM Diljeet Kumar <dil...@animationprime.com> wrote:
That's great.  I will make sure it is taken care of and I've informed our team to move to the next step and start working on the animation & voiceover part.

Regarding the voiceover, I've attached a link to some Voice samples, Check them out and let me know which voice you prefer for the video.

VO Samples Link

Best Regards,

Diljeet Kumar
Animation Prime LTD

On Wed, May 8, 2024 at 6:47 PM Annie Hermann <anni...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Diljeet,
Apologies for the delay. Everything looks great. Only thing is that the last slide should only include the GitHub link. With that we are ready to proceed.

Best,
Annie

Huan Li

May 10, 2024, 3:08:53 PMMay 10
to Annie Hermann, wec...@googlegroups.com
Hi Annie: Thanks for the suggestion. After I listened to both, I felt that Male Dusty Porter's voice better fits our introduction video because of its pitch-down tonality.

Best,
Huan Li
🤖 Architect, Chatie.IO
📍 Silicon Valley | 📱 +1 (650) 503 3788 | 📧 hu...@chatie.io🔗 Join our community: GitHub | Discord
💬 "The hottest new programming language is English" — Andrej Karpathy, Founding Member of OpenAI, Jan 24, 2023

Annie Hermann

May 15, 2024, 11:31:13 PMMay 15
to Diljeet Kumar, Huan Li, wec...@googlegroups.com
Hi Diljeet,

It sounds great! 45 seconds is the perfect runtime.

@Huan, take a listen!

Best,
Annie

On Wed, May 15, 2024 at 11:47 PM Diljeet Kumar <dil...@animationprime.com> wrote:
Annie, I've just received the recording from Dusty. Please have a look and let me know if we are good to incorporate this into the animation.

Wechaty Voiceover

Diljeet Kumar
Animation Prime LTD

On Sun, May 12, 2024 at 4:45 PM Diljeet Kumar <dil...@animationprime.com> wrote:
Perfect. I've asked Dusty to record the voiceover. I will send it over for your review when he provides it to me.

Diljeet Kumar
Animation Prime LTD

On Sat, May 11, 2024 at 6:54 AM Annie Hermann <anni...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Diljeet,

After discussing, we’d like to go with the Dusty Porter voiceover option.

Best,
Annie

On Sat, May 11, 2024 at 12:32 AM Diljeet Kumar <dil...@animationprime.com> wrote:
Annie, is there any update on the voiceover preference?

Diljeet Kumar
Animation Prime LTD

On Wed, May 8, 2024 at 6:57 PM Diljeet Kumar <dil...@animationprime.com> wrote:
That's great.  I will make sure it is taken care of and I've informed our team to move to the next step and start working on the animation & voiceover part.

Regarding the voiceover, I've attached a link to some Voice samples, Check them out and let me know which voice you prefer for the video.

VO Samples Link

Best Regards,
Diljeet Kumar
Animation Prime LTD
On Wed, May 8, 2024 at 6:47 PM Annie Hermann <anni...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Diljeet,
Apologies for the delay. Everything looks great. Only thing is that the last slide should only include the GitHub link. With that we are ready to proceed.

Best,
Annie

Huan Li

May 17, 2024, 3:00:48 PMMay 17
to Annie Hermann, Diljeet Kumar, wec...@googlegroups.com
It sounds almost perfect to me. Thank you @Annie Hermann @Diljeet Kumar!

One optional suggestion: I feel it would be great if we could pitch down the tonality of voice a little bit.

Have a great weekend!

Best,
Huan Li
🤖 Architect, Chatie.IO | Code Human-mimicking Agents Through Intuitive English