Re: Intro to Huan

Huan (李卓桓)

Nov 4, 2021, 3:51:03 AM11/4/21
to Eric Migicovsky, Kevin Huang, Wechaty
Hi Eric and Kevin!

Thank you very much for the connection and I'm very glad that Wechaty can help you to build your chatbot on WeChat! (and sorry for the delay of the email reply because I'm run out of time recently for checking my mailbox).

HeyOpenOps.com looks very promising to me in that it uses a chatbot to collaborate with suppliers, which is normally the responsibility of a human assistant. Using the programmable chatbot can be a huge improvement for the performance of this job, and make a very significant ROI for your customers I believe.

Our Wechaty community has some developers who have tried this directory and here are some of the related blog posts: (from this slide)
Wechaty has also a multi-channel strategy: it will focus on the RPA solution to those largest IMs on the earth. Besides WeChat support, recently we have successfully launched the QQ support, and our community Friday BOT start managing our QQ Group of the developers' user group on QQ.

Beeper.com is great and I believe it's focusing on the human interface for now, and Wechaty is focusing on the programming interface with conversational AI aside. I believe if you want to run your supplier SaaS on IM, eric and me is the right person you should talk with. ;-)

I hope my information is helpful and I'd be glad to chat with you on WeChat or we can schedule a quick Zoom meeting.

My WeChat is: 918999, looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Cheers!

(CC-ed to our community channel wec...@googlegroups.com)

Best,
Huan (李卓桓)
Carpe Diem - If not us, who? if not now, when?

On Tue, Oct 26, 2021 at 12:32 AM Eric Migicovsky <eric...@gmail.com> wrote:
Linking you up with Huan!

Huan - please meet Kevin who is interested in becoming a WeChaty customer.

On Mon, Oct 25, 2021 at 8:00 AM, Kevin Huang <ke...@heyopenops.com> wrote:
Eric, thank you for passing this note to Huan.

Hi Huan,

I'm the founder of OpenOps, a collaboration platform that makes it easy for US ecommerce companies to work with their overseas suppliers. We are starting with building a unified inbox to aggregate all of the supplier communications from different channels (e.g. WeChat, email, WhatsApp) into a single web interface.

A future use case we want to enable is creating Slack-like chat rooms and let users from different communication channels contribute to the same conversation (e.g some users can contribute via email, some contribute via WeChat, or via our webapp).

We've actually briefly interacted over WeChat previously. I recently connected with Eric given his work with Beeper/Matrix. I told him about my project and he suggested that I chat with you :)

Would you be open to having a chat with me over Zoom? Would love a chance to get your feedback on the technical feasibility of what I'm trying to build as well as tools I can leverage.

Thank you so much for your help!

--
Kevin Huang
Founder at OpenOps

Kevin Huang

Nov 7, 2021, 8:56:35 PM11/7/21
to Huan (李卓桓), Eric Migicovsky, Wechaty
Huan,

Thank you so much for all the information about WeChaty! We recently put together a prototype using WeChaty and it was able to help us prove out our concept!

It's a really awesome library and we really appreciate you and the rest of the community for supporting it.

I'll likely need to reach out to you again as we develop this project further. Looking forward to keeping in touch :) Hope you have a great rest of your day!

Huan (李卓桓)

Nov 8, 2021, 11:24:26 AM11/8/21
to Kevin Huang, Eric Migicovsky, Wechaty
Kevin,

Glad to know that you have successfully built a PoC based on Wechaty!

Keep in touch, and have a great day too!