Wechaty GSoD'21 Technical Writers Registration Form Opened

Huan (李卓桓)

May 3, 2021, 1:43:12 AM5/3/21
to Wechaty
Dear GSoD'21 Technical Writers,

First, thank you all again for participating in Wechaty GSoD'21! We have been contacted by 23 technical writers totally, and 15 of 23 have submitted valid proposals!

Action Required: Fill the Form

As we have planed, we have created a Google Form for Wechaty Technical Writers Registration at https://forms.gle/2LDqrX5GUs6j9fJR9,  it will gather some basic information as well as require some answers/actions from you.

Please follow all those requirements/questions and fill in your answer to the form. After you submitted the form, it will make us better understand what you think, as well as make you better understand what's the Wechaty organization needs.

After we get the response of most of the technical writers, we will host a Zoom meeting (see our meeting notes) to discuss how to collaborate together to make Wechaty docs better. Our goal is to make everyone enjoy the Wechaty GSoD'21 by sharing and learning from each other.

What's the next step?

So the timeline would like the following (draft, might be changed as needs):
  1. Done - May 3: Send out the Google Form to you and waiting for responses
  2. May 5: Announce the Zoom Meeting time & agenda based on your feedbacks
  3. May 7(TBD): Online Zoom Meeting: the last discussion before the final selection. All of our technical writers will be invited and everyone is welcome to join.
  4. May 9: Announce the selection result of the technical writers
Please stay tuned, I will send emails to our mailing list and BCC to everyone who is technical writers on the Wechaty GSoD'21 list.

Looking forward to learning from your registrations, and have a nice day!

Best,
Huan (李卓桓)
Carpe Diem - If not us, who? if not now, when?

Vasvi Sood

May 3, 2021, 5:53:19 AM5/3/21
to Wechaty

Respected Sir,
I have submitted my proposal but my name has not appeared in the list. Kindly look into the matter.
Thankyou,
Vasvi Sood

Huan (李卓桓)

May 3, 2021, 6:34:59 AM5/3/21
to Vasvi Sood, Wechaty
Dear Vasvi Sood,

I have received your "proposal" but it's kind of too short (only one sentence) and we are very hard to know if you can meet our requirements.

So I'm sorry that you are not on the Technical Writer list because your proposal has not met the requirements of Wechaty GSoD'21.

However, if you are still interested in being a participant in the Wechaty community, you are welcome to build a chatbot with Wechaty and send PRs to our repository. And please send a detailed proposal next time if you and Wechaty can meet on GSoD'22.

Thank you very much for interesting in Wechaty GSoD'21, have a nice day!

--
Conversational RPA SDK for building WeChat/Whatsapp chatbots in 6 lines of code.

Talk to the community by joining our Gitter network https://gitter.im/wechaty/wechaty if you aren't already a member.

- Website: https://wechaty.js.org
- GitHub: https://github.com/wechaty
---

Vasvi Sood

May 3, 2021, 7:20:43 AM5/3/21
to Wechaty
Respected Sir,
 As mentioned in your season of docs page there are positions for 3 volunteers apart from the technical writer. Is the application process for that still open?
Thankyou,
Vasvi

Huan (李卓桓)

May 3, 2021, 7:36:26 AM5/3/21
to Vasvi Sood, Wechaty
Thank you for your understanding.

Unfortunately, we will not accept any new volunteer applications because our deadline is April 30.

For the volunteers' application, we have already two applications from the GSoD'21 and there's one valid proposal received. We will focus on the existing proposal now.

Best,
Huan (李卓桓)
Carpe Diem - If not us, who? if not now, when?

Huan (李卓桓)

May 5, 2021, 5:52:42 PM5/5/21
to Wechaty
Dear GSoD'21 Technical Writers,

Thank you very much for filling the Wechaty Technical Writers Registration Form at https://forms.gle/2LDqrX5GUs6j9fJR9, I learned a lot from it and appreciate you all for willing to collaborate and publishing your community landing blog post!

Please fill the form if you have not, and do not forget to submit your blog post to our website as well.

Wechaty GSoD'21 Zoom Meeting: 7 pm, May 8, UTC+08:00

After review the voting from the form, we decided to host our Zoom meeting at 7 pm, May 8, UTC+08:00.

The Zoom address is https://zoom.us/j/6505033788 with passcode: huan

I have sent a Google Calendar to our mailing list and your Google Account, please make sure to understand that the time is Beijing time 7 pm with timezone UTC+08:00.

Please prepare a 30 seconds introduction for introducing yourself to the community on Zoom.

Our meeting will follow the agenda from our Wechaty Meeting Notes, I'm still working on our agenda for the discussion, please feel free to add your agendas or questions to the meeting, or help me to organize the topics to be better.

Our Plan

Currently, we have 6 positions that need your help, and I believe it would be great if every project has collaborators of two.
  1. Tutorials ($5k)
    1. Build Wechaty landing page(homepage) with value proposition ($1k)
    2. Introduction ($1k)
    3. References ($1k)
    4. How-to Guides ($1k)
    5. Volunteers ($500)
    For now, we have 15 technical writers on our list, we want more writers to participate in Wechaty GSoD'21, so our plan for the selection will descript as the following:

    For the Tutorials ($5k):
    1. We will select the best writers from the list, base on the community vote (from the form result) and what huan think
    2. Two writers share $5k
    3. Each writer will get a base stipend of $2k
    4. The other $1k (performance stipend) will be voted by the two writers themselves after the project has been finished.
    For the Landing Page, Introduction, How-to Guides, and References ($1k for each):
    1. We will select the most suitable writer who is interested in this project as the primary writer
    2. The primary writer needs to select the secondary writer for collaborating and decided how to split the stipend. (5/5 will be recommended)
    For Volunteers ($500): currently, we have two qualified applications and I believe their roles will be quite helpful. Will be discussed at the meeting and be decided after the meeting by Huan.

    Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions/suggestions, and see you at 7 pm, May 8!

    Huan (李卓桓)

    May 6, 2021, 2:11:40 PM5/6/21
    to Wechaty
    Dear GSoD'21 Technical Writers,

    Thank you very much for registering yourself in our meeting notes, we have a total of 19 attendees now!

    To make our meeting to be prepared, please follow the following two actions:

    1. Read our meeting agenda

    I have drafted a new version of our Meeting Notes, please read the linked Google Docs to learn what we will talk about in our zoom meeting, and feel free to add your agenda or notes to it.

    2. Send & read proposals for our secondary projects

    Till now, we have received the following proposals for our secondary project proposals: (Landing page with value proposition, Introduction & Explanations, Howto guides, and References)

    1. Reconstruct landing page with the value proposition
      1. Jaya Gupta
      2. Tba
    2. The Introduction and Explanation
      1. Mukosa Joseph Mawa
      2. Shraddha Vasant Prasad
      3. Abhishek Jaiswa
    3. How-to guides
      1. Vasvi Sood
      2. Abhishek Jaiswa
    4. References
      1. Tba
      2. Tba

    Please send your proposal to our mailing list if you are interested in any of the above projects, and feel free to read the current proposals to learn what others think about those projects.

    Best,
    Huan (李卓桓)
    Carpe Diem - If not us, who? if not now, when?

    Huan (李卓桓)

    May 9, 2021, 1:56:15 PM5/9/21
    to T.P.V.S. ANIRUDH, Wechaty
    Dear ANIRUDH T.P.V.S.

    I'm sorry to hear that our email has been put in your junk email folder.

    Unfortunately, we have selected the technical writers via the zoom meeting.

    So my suggestion for you is to stay tuned on our mailing list to see if there are any changes from each team or contact the already selected technical writers to see if they need your help. And, contribution to our Wechaty project will be always welcome no matter whether you are GSoD selected writer or not.

    Thank you very much for interesting in Wechaty GSoD'21, and welcome to apply for Wechaty GSoD'22 next year!

    Best,
    Huan (李卓桓)
    Carpe Diem - If not us, who? if not now, when?

    On Sun, May 9, 2021 at 10:38 PM T.P.V.S. ANIRUDH <aniru...@outlook.com> wrote:
    Dear Huan,

    I am Anirudh T.P.V.S and I could not attend the meeting because the mail that was sent for zoom meeting was found in my junk email. I just saw the email sent for meeting in the junk files.

    Could you please excuse me for this one time as I am really interested to work as a technical writer!.

    Your help in this regard is highly solicited.

    Thanks and Regards,
    ANIRUDH T.P.V.S.