Publish Directly to Database

Justin Schneck

Mar 26, 2013, 1:05:05 PM3/26/13
to web...@googlegroups.com
I am using the SqlStateless provider for WebSync 4 and would like to know how to publish messages by inserting them directly into the database. Does anyone know how to go about this or if thee is a better way? I am running WebSync in an MVC 4 app in a separate app pool from the app I will be publishing data from. I didn't want to include the references to FM.WebSync because I feel that it would waste resources considering no websync clients would be connection to the app anyways.

Thanks

Jerod Venema

Mar 26, 2013, 1:35:59 PM3/26/13
to web...@googlegroups.com
Hey Justin!

You shouldn't directly insert them, because if the API changes internally you'll be stuck :).

However, we've already accounted for this situation. Add the reference to WebSync in your project, but don't add a request handler in your config file. If WebSync doesn't see the entry in your config, it won't start up all the threads that communicate with the server to pick up messages for delivery, but will still let you publish via the API.

Best,

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 1:05 PM, Justin Schneck <justin....@azzurgroup.com> wrote:
I am using the SqlStateless provider for WebSync 4 and would like to know how to publish messages by inserting them directly into the database. Does anyone know how to go about this or if thee is a better way? I am running WebSync in an MVC 4 app in a separate app pool from the app I will be publishing data from. I didn't want to include the references to FM.WebSync because I feel that it would waste resources considering no websync clients would be connection to the app anyways.

Thanks

Jerod Venema
Frozen Mountain Software
919-300-5141 (United States)
604-227-2453 (Canada)
888-379-6686 (Extension 101)

Justin Schneck

Mar 26, 2013, 2:22:18 PM3/26/13
to web...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the reply. I am getting a little further on things. Any reason why it would write an empty logfile out? Seems I am having trouble trying to figure out now why its not publishing. I am trying to catch it before publish deliver a message from the other app so in the MVC 4 app I put a breakpoint in a beforepublish event but it seems to never get called. Any advise?

thanks.

Jerod Venema

Mar 26, 2013, 2:36:45 PM3/26/13
to web...@googlegroups.com
Empty logfile is the default. Set to debug if you want more info.

As for the other issue, make sure you're pointing to the right database, and debug logging will help there too.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/websync/-/C9PNzSPhNWEJ.