OS X and getting WebSyncServer.Notify messages

Justin Schneck

Mar 28, 2013, 1:11:37 PM3/28/13
to web...@googlegroups.com
I am having a little trouble with the docs in trying to figure out how to register a callback to get notify messages on OS X in Obj-C. I was wondering if anyone knew what the callback gets registered to or if the messages come down a certain channel? Basically AfterSubscribe to a channel on the server I am trying to send a message to the new client.

Thanks!

Jerod Venema

Mar 28, 2013, 1:21:32 PM3/28/13
to web...@googlegroups.com
Hey Justin!

Check out this example:

That should do it for you :).

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 1:11 PM, Justin Schneck <justin....@azzurgroup.com> wrote:
I am having a little trouble with the docs in trying to figure out how to register a callback to get notify messages on OS X in Obj-C. I was wondering if anyone knew what the callback gets registered to or if the messages come down a certain channel? Basically AfterSubscribe to a channel on the server I am trying to send a message to the new client.

Thanks!

Jerod Venema
Frozen Mountain Software
919-300-5141 (United States)
604-227-2453 (Canada)
888-379-6686 (Extension 101)
Message has been deleted

Anton Venema

Apr 1, 2013, 3:33:04 AM4/1/13
to web...@googlegroups.com
The argument type looks correct. Your registration should look like this then:

[client addOnNotifyWithValue:[FMCallback callback:@selector(onNotify:) target:self]]

Anton Venema
Frozen Mountain Software
604-227-2458 (Canada)
919-300-5520 (United States)
888-379-6686 (Extension
102)
www.frozenmountain.com

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 11:18 AM, Justin Schneck <justin....@azzurgroup.com> wrote:
I am using the following to register to the event. There are several observer events for notify, I believe that since I am on the client side this is the right one but I am getting an exception with the callback arguments. Here is my callback function. Should I use a different callback arg?

-(void)onNotify:(FMWebSyncNotifyReceiveArgs *)e {

   NSLog(@"Notify:%@",e.value);

}

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/websync/-/bv8o4IrkIjQJ.