Inserting entries(Servername, Domain key, message json, include publishier) to database randomaly

enotifyswi...@gmail.com

Feb 25, 2013, 3:12:44 AM2/25/13
to web...@googlegroups.com
I am using loadbalancer with websync.
Earlier i was using websync on a single server.

As i introduce the loadbalancer, I found that a table name messages in database get a lot of entries which contains the following information(Servername, Domain key, message json, include publishier).

I am using the websync version 3.5.0.4.
However i found one more issue that, As i introduce the loadbalancer, Cpu performance of database server goes high. Cpu performance is around 50-80%. Is it okay or any thing goes wrong....?

Please suggest !!!

Thanks in advance.

Jerod Venema

Feb 25, 2013, 8:17:23 AM2/25/13
to web...@googlegroups.com
The table you described is the messages table, where all messages are distributed to the servers in the cluster. You should get an entry per server in your cluster, that's normal.

You'll also see an increase in CPU, although 50-80% is pretty high; it'd be worth checking your WebSync database, and ensuring that it's set to "Simple" recovery mode, and where (on what queries) that 50-80% CPU is being spent. Unless you're really pumping through some volume, I wouldn't expect it to get that high.

Best,

Jerod Venema
Frozen Mountain Software
919-300-5141 (United States)
604-227-2453 (Canada)
888-379-6686 (Extension 101)

enotifyswi...@gmail.com

Feb 25, 2013, 8:37:37 AM2/25/13
to web...@googlegroups.com
Hey Jerod,

                Really thanks for your help !!

                I am surprised that earlier i was using sticky session  providerType="FM.WebSync.Server.Providers.Sticky.SqlProvider" which raise the cpu performance so high  and it made around 200 entries in messages table per 10 seconds, which raise the sql size and log size very high.

And now i has used  providerType="FM.WebSync.Server.Providers.Stateless.SqlProvider" which doesnot made entries in sql server and websync working perfectly with loadbalancer too.

However i know that statelest provider type used for azure case(statless). Please do let me know is there any harm to use stateless provider for asp.net with sql.

Everything seems to be working fine with stateless sql provider.

Thanks.

Jerod Venema

Feb 25, 2013, 8:43:33 AM2/25/13
to web...@googlegroups.com
There's no harm, nope. Not sure why you would have seen a spike like that with the one vs. the other, but they are both valid providers.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/websync/-/awfDG4KmGhkJ.

enotifyswi...@gmail.com

Feb 25, 2013, 8:59:57 AM2/25/13
to web...@googlegroups.com