WebSync Server 3 push data clearing problem

Milind Saraswala

Apr 13, 2013, 11:45:58 AM4/13/13
to web...@googlegroups.com

We are having coment server using web sync server 3 on .Net 3.5 platform . Which push the live data to the web part of the SharePoint 2010. Live data push is between 8.00 AM to 2.30 PM on Monday to Thursday. Now last data which were pushed on 2.30 PM remain on the website until next day 7.00 AM. We wiped out the previous day data on the database with some other application at every 7.00 AM except Friday and Saturday.

Now I will come to the issue. Suppose I keep my browser open today and come back tomorrow, I will see the old pushed data which should automatically go away from the website at 7.00 AM as we wiped data from database and if I keep my website open until 8.00 AM and coment start pushing new data it will start showing new data.  But if I refresh the browser between  7.00 AM to 8.00 AM data will clear from the website but what I am looking is that data should be clear by itself without manually refresh browser.  Please note that it happening to all kind of browser (IE, Chrome and FireFox)

How can I overcome it, Kindly can you advise me where should I look in to and some debug methodology.

Anton Venema

Apr 13, 2013, 4:41:54 PM4/13/13
to web...@googlegroups.com
Hi Milind,

It sounds like what you might want to do is publish some sort of "clear" message at 2:30PM after your last live data push. Make it the very last message sent out by the system after you stop publishing live data. On the client-side, whenever you get that "clear" message, simply update the UI to display nothing.

Using WebSync 3 on the server-side, after you've turned off your live data stream, do something like:

RequestHandler.Publish("/the/channel/you/are/using", "\"clear\"");

Then, in your JavaScript code on the client-side:

onReceive: function(e) {
    if (e.data == 'clear') {
        // refresh the page or clear out the UI per your requirements
    } else {
        // process data as per normal
    }
}

It all depends on your requirements. Just remember that WebSync will let you send any data you want from the server to the listening clients, including "commands" from the server if you have coded for it appropriately on the client-side.

Does that help?

Anton Venema
Frozen Mountain Software
604-227-2458 (Canada)
919-300-5520 (United States)
888-379-6686 (Extension
102)
www.frozenmountain.com

Milind Saraswala

Apr 13, 2013, 11:26:49 PM4/13/13
to web...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much for the reply. As I am new to web sync and somebody else has done coding on it, I have some question is it possible for me to do test this above scenario  before 7.00 AM I mean without clearing data just for testing and making it sure that it is working ? Kindly can you please help me on that.

Anton Venema

Apr 15, 2013, 11:46:48 AM4/15/13
to web...@googlegroups.com
You would have to add the code yourself to update the interface in your web application. I assume that is what you are asking?

Anton Venema
Frozen Mountain Software
604-227-2458 (Canada)
919-300-5520 (United States)