Do HTTPS "upgrade"?

Trey Weaver

May 20, 2021, 8:12:49 AM5/20/21
to WebSocket++
With websocket++ is it possible to have a client and connect to an HTTPS server and send the HTTP header to do "upgrade" to "websockets".

This is something that I heard was common, but I can not find an example to do this?

Jacob Burckhardt

May 20, 2021, 1:44:39 PM5/20/21
to Trey Weaver, WebSocket++
Yes.  WebSocket++ does it by default.  The WebSocket++ tutorial for the client should do this.