How to do a server side send without an inbound message

Brad Taylor

Jan 19, 2024, 8:15:25 AMJan 19
to WebSocket++
I think what I want to do is allowed, but not sure how to do it.  After my server creates an endpoint and a web client connects,  When non web socket events occur in my server, I want to construct a message and send it to a the connected client, without the connect client first sending me a message.
I used the echo server example as the basis for building my prototype code.  I already have a fairly complex server and want to be able to send notifications to connected clients.  Example would be most appreciated.
Thank you

Peter Thorson

Jan 20, 2024, 5:34:50 AMJan 20
to Brad Taylor, WebSocket++
Hi Brad,

This is definitely allowed. The primary method is using endpoint.send with the connection_hdl for the connection you want to write to. The telemetry_server example demonstrates this.

Best,

Peter