Compilation error

jwesselman

Oct 11, 2010, 6:31:12 PM10/11/10
to WebROaR - Ruby Application Server
I'm trying to install the Webroar gem onto a fresh ubuntu 10.04
install.

When I type sudo webroar install, it goes through and finds
everything, I then enter my username and password and server port.

It then throws a compilation error when "Compiling C source files..."

It tells me to refer to 'install.log' for details.

Where in the file system does it create 'install.log'?

I've check in /var/log and its not there nor is there a webroar
folder.

Any insight would be appreciated. I'd like to see what this server is
about.

Thanks,

Jeremy

jwesselman

Oct 11, 2010, 8:45:00 PM10/11/10
to WebROaR - Ruby Application Server
Well, I've found the install.log file. It states:

(in /home/jwesselman/sources/webroar)
rake aborted!
no such file to load -- spec/rake/spectask
/home/jwesselman/sources/webroar/Rakefile:27:in `load'

I've also tried to download the source from github and I'm getting the
same error.

Jeremy

jwesselman

Oct 11, 2010, 8:56:55 PM10/11/10
to WebROaR - Ruby Application Server
So I think it has something to do with RSpec 2.0. I went through the
gem dependency file and saw that it mentioned rspec 1.2.2. I
uninstalled RSpec 2 and installed 1.2.2 and I just had a successful
install.

Dharmarth Shah

Oct 12, 2010, 2:23:17 AM10/12/10
to web...@googlegroups.com
You caught it right!

We would change dependency which ensure smooth installation.

Thanks,
Dharmarth