Fwd: Came across a thread, wondering if you can help...

1 view

Matt Wynne

Sep 12, 2010, 5:01:54 PM9/12/10
to web...@googlegroups.com

Begin forwarded message:

From: Rob Emenaker <rob.em...@me.com>
Date: 10 September 2010 15:33:45 GMT+01:00
Subject: Came across a thread, wondering if you can help...

Matt,

I came across the following thread while trying to figure out how to get Capybara to follow a link within a table that has multiple links of the same name:

I have recently migrated from Webrat to Capybara because Webrat appears to have major difficulties with Rails 3.  At any rate, you suggest to the creator of this thread to use Capybara because xpath is definitely powerful enough.  However, my xpath skills are not up to snuff and I just can't make this work.  My testing has come to a grinding halt because I can't figure out how to click the "Show" link I want in a table of multiple links:

Terms      Action
Net 30     Show Edit Destroy
Net 60     Show Edit Destroy

I am kind of surprised that the web_steps.rb that comes with Capybara doesn't do this, but it might just be my ignorance.  I tried using "follow ... within ..." in web_steps.rb, but it doesn't work.  Thoughts?

Thanks,
Rob Emenaker

Matt Wynne

Sep 12, 2010, 5:02:53 PM9/12/10