Issue with Selenium in Proxy Injection Mode ... prototype reliance?

John Hume

Jul 19, 2010, 2:48:50 PM7/19/10
to webrat
We're trying to use webrat/selenium on an application that loads
elements from several domains. Running selenium in the normal way, we
often get permission denied errors when navigating the site,
presumably because of XSS checks in the browser. Selenium's way of
dealing with this is to run RC with -proxyInjectionMode, which will
make it appear that all content is being loaded from one domain. When
starting RC with that argument, our tests time out the first time they
use a fill_in.

We've debugged this to the point of seeing that we're relying on the
"label" locator strategy and that this locator strategy doesn't seem
to work with proxy injection mode because it relies on prototype's
"$A" function being available. (Our app uses jquery.) We're assuming
prototype is loaded by the frames that selenium loads when running in
"normal" mode (i.e., not proxy injection mode).

Is there any known workaround for this issue?

Thanks.