[webrat] thread join itself - hudson ci

Andy Koch

Jun 9, 2010, 1:48:05 PM6/9/10
to webrat
Hi,

trying to get Hudson to run Cukes, but it keeps failing on webrat
steps with...

thread xxxx tried to join itself (ThreadError)

other features that don't have any webrat steps complete ok

Anyone familiar with this?

running Hudson 1.361
webrat 0.7.1

Matt Wynne

Jun 9, 2010, 3:16:33 PM6/9/10
to web...@googlegroups.com
What platform are you running hudson on? What version of ruby is it running?

If you ssh into the hudson box, cd into the folder for the project and run the build command from there, what happens?

Andy Koch

Jun 9, 2010, 4:33:03 PM6/9/10
to webrat
running on Ubuntu 10
jre 4.4
Ruby is 1.8.7 REE installed via RVM

not sure how to run "build command" but when I run "cucumber" from
workspace folder it works ok

Matt Wynne

Jun 9, 2010, 4:57:02 PM6/9/10
to web...@googlegroups.com

On 9 Jun 2010, at 21:33, Andy Koch wrote:

> running on Ubuntu 10
> jre 4.4
> Ruby is 1.8.7 REE installed via RVM
>
> not sure how to run "build command"

Well what command have you configured hudson to run?

What user does hudson run as? Does he definitely have REE in his path?

Andy Koch

Jun 9, 2010, 5:03:43 PM6/9/10
to webrat
sorry,
Hudson runs

rake cucumber

I've added the Ruby plugin to run different Rubies, and I've
configured in REE and it appears to run that correctly.

for example, when running rspecs (rake spec) it does this just fine

I run user with my acct, start it in shell with "java -jar hudson.war"

thanks

Matt Wynne

Jun 9, 2010, 5:06:59 PM6/9/10
to web...@googlegroups.com
It looks like an REE thing to me. It will be much easier to figure it out if you can reproduce it outside of hudson. Can you use REE outside hudson?

Andy Koch

Jun 9, 2010, 6:35:16 PM6/9/10
to webrat
ah, you might be right

I'm getting the same result on cmd line as from hudson

thanks for your time

Bradly

Jun 17, 2010, 7:23:36 PM6/17/10
to webrat
I'm also experiencing this problem. I am not using Ruby 1.8.7
(2009-06-08 patchlevel 173) [universal-darwin10.0]

Thanks for any help!

Bradly

Bradly

Jun 18, 2010, 12:02:11 PM6/18/10
to webrat
I figured out what was causing the problem for me. I didn't have
cucumber setup in my database.yml file.

Hope that helps,
Bradly