session and path are nil in selenium-mode

1 view

Curran

Jun 6, 2010, 2:37:14 PM6/6/10
to webrat
Hi,

I'm trying to convert a simple user authentication test from rails
mode (in which it passes) into selenium mode. The browser opens, goes
to the right page, enters the right text in the right form... BUT some
of the variables/methods available to the test in rails mode are not
available in selenium mode, such as session and path. They evaluate to
nil and the test breaks. Does anyone know why this might be happening?

I haven't been able to find anything suggesting that the webrat api
would change in the two different modes. But that's the only thing
that's changed in my app. There's a concise example and my webrat
config at http://pastie.org/994056.

Thanks,
Curran