The install page has been hacked. (http://webpy.org/install)

Senthil R

Dec 3, 2018, 11:26:52 AM12/3/18
to web.py
I see a link to a video inserted as a div.

http://webpy.org/install#apachemodwsgi

This could very well be a virus or a seo hack.

Please take care of this.

Franck Perez

Dec 3, 2018, 11:32:18 AM12/3/18
to we...@googlegroups.com
I don't see anything - could it be maybe caused by malware present on your computer?
Could you please retry with a different browser and/or the incognito mode of your current browser?

Jeff Silverman

Dec 3, 2018, 11:36:44 AM12/3/18
to we...@googlegroups.com, write2...@gmail.com
Because the notification of the purported malware went to the mailing list instead of site admin, the bad guy may have quickly undone his changes.

In the future, please study any of a number of pages on how to disclose a vulnerability or an attack.

Jeff

Anand Chitipothu

Dec 4, 2018, 5:38:48 AM12/4/18
to webpy
Thanks, fixed.

webpy.org used to be a wiki long back. I guess this would have got in back then and we never noticed.
Thanks @write2senthil for flagging it.

Anand