looking for maintainer(s)

Anand Chitipothu

Jun 18, 2019, 3:42:33 PM6/18/19
to webpy
Hi,

It was more than a decade ago[1] when I took over the maintenance of web.py from Aaron Swartz. web.py has changed a lot a since then and I'm really thankful for all the support from the community.

Of late there hasn't been much activity on web.py. The next version with Python 3 support is pending for long time.The website and documentation requires a fresh look.

While I'm quite interested to see web.py in much better shape and I still continue to use it regularly, I don't think I'm able to dedicate the kind of time I used to spend on it earlier. I think it is time to find other maintainers.

Please reply to this thread if you are interested and have the commitment to take web.py forward.

[1]: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/webpy/ODisiYqdjWs/97KxslE-YkIJ

Thanks,
Anand

Simon P. Lucy

Jul 9, 2020, 10:42:35 PM7/9/20
to web.py
I know you've had some movement and 0.50 is out but if you're still looking for help let me know.

Zhang Huangbin

Jul 9, 2020, 10:47:36 PM7/9/20
to web.py

On Friday, July 10, 2020 at 10:42:35 AM UTC+8, Simon P. Lucy wrote:
I know you've had some movement and 0.50 is out but if you're still looking for help let me know.

Dear Simon,

Yes we need help. Please join us and contribute in the GitHub repo:

There're few issues and PRs left, maybe you can start by processing them? Feel free to implement new features if you want, also documentations. :)