session time out adding password

nico

Jul 12, 2012, 8:30:37 AM7/12/12
to webpass...@googlegroups.com
I get  'Session Timeout Please login again'  when adding passwords.  I've set the time out to 3600.    Other actions still works.

Anyone?

Thanks

Nico

snapshot1.png

nico

Jul 13, 2012, 1:58:11 AM7/13/12
to webpass...@googlegroups.com
Sorry i've caused problem myself, i've  accidentally  altered the value of encryptor.jasypt.algorithm in encryption.properties
problem solved

Josh

Jul 13, 2012, 2:21:28 AM7/13/12
to webpass...@googlegroups.com
Glad you figured it out.  The other common possibility I will mention to others who come across this thread is that maybe the High Strength Java Crypto isn't installed in the right JRE.

Also the session timeout error on the client-side is fairly generic, for security purposes.  Definitely always check the server side logs (or if you are an end user ask your sysadmin to check) if you get in a loop of that client side error keep popping up.  The server side logs should have a more descriptive stack trace and error message.

Thanks,
~Josh

ckz8780

Aug 3, 2012, 3:58:50 PM8/3/12
to webpass...@googlegroups.com
Hello, I am also getting this error when trying to add or modify passwords.

My log shows a jasypt.exceptions.EncryptionOperationNotPossibleException. It says this could be caused by not having the proper JCE unlimited strength jurisdiction policy files, but I'm not sure how to tell if they are installed. The .jar files (policy files) noted in the documentation I've found on how to install the unlimited strength jurisdiction policy files appear to be in the right spot and have not been modified since July of 2011.  This has been working for quite some time and seems to have just randomly started doing this. This is a RHEL 5 system. Any input?

Thanks in advance

Josh

Aug 31, 2012, 4:42:31 PM8/31/12
to webpass...@googlegroups.com
I would re-apply a copy of the JCE unlimited strength jurisdiction policy files over the existing ones, just in case.  Sometimes, depending on OS, Java updates will blow them away or create a new JRE directory, so you may want to verify the right directory is the one being used by the runtime too.

Marek Mickal

Nov 19, 2015, 3:23:41 PM11/19/15
to webpasswordsafe
Josh, thanks a lot, new JCEs worked for me ... I just updated the opensuse system from version 12.1 to 13.1 and had to update java as well. After all it worked but any time I tried to view/change the password I got a session timeout ... then I found in following log /opt/webpasswordsafe/catalina_base/logs/catalina.out an error message

SEVERE: Exception while dispatching incoming RPC call ..... org.jasypt.exceptions.EncryptionOperationNotPossibleException: Encryption raised an exception. ..... A possible cause is you are using strong encryption algorithms and you have not installed the Java Cryptography Extension (JCE) Unlimited Strength Jurisdiction Policy Files in this Java Virtual Machine

Subsequently I downloaded latest JCE files for my new java version and placed them both ($JAVA_HOME/lib/security/*policy.jar) into $JAVA_HOME/lib/security. After tomcat restart it started to work perfectly ...

Greate hint, thanks for it ;) Point for you ;)