Desktop support coming soon

Devin Mullins

Apr 22, 2022, 9:39:07 PM4/22/22
to webpackagi...@googlegroups.com
Google Search is planning to launch SXG support for desktop users in the coming weeks.

Sites using responsive web design or separate mobile/desktop URLs don't need to take action.

Sites using dynamic serving (varying by User-Agent header) will need to annotate their pages as mobile- or desktop-only, as documented here. For example:
Otherwise, desktop users may see the mobile version of the page.

We're reaching out individually to SXG sites who we've found to use dynamic serving, but I wanted a broad announcement in case there are any that we miss.

If you have any questions, please ask on the Google Search Central Help Community or the webpackager Q&A board.

Devin