Broken Graphs

Felix

Jan 23, 2012, 4:10:07 AM1/23/12
to webos_...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

I noticed one thing after the recent WebOS 2.2.4 Update: Every single graph in Fuel Summary ist shifted 2-3 columns left and upward. The Axis stay in the same place though.
I am using a Pre 2, maybe those glitches are similar to the ones happening on the Pre 3?
I'd be happy to help you, maybe providing you with debugging information.
I've reinstalled the app to no effect. Thanks for your effort!

Felix

Rob (rbtwhiz)

Jan 25, 2012, 3:00:40 AM1/25/12
to webos_...@googlegroups.com
Hello, Felix.

The first chance I'll have to look into this will be the coming weekend, at the earliest. My day job is rather intense at the moment, and I've had next to no time to spare for much else.

I have a dev Pre2 sitting on my desk, but I'll need to apply the most recent doctor to it, as its a bit out of date. I'll take a look as soon as I get a chance to come up for air.

Thanks,
-Rob

Felix P.

Jan 25, 2012, 4:30:08 PM1/25/12
to webos_...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rob,

Thanks, that's a lot more than I was expecting. Your app is great, but I have seen a lot of other developers jump the ship, I don't blame them either.
I get what you mean with your day job, still going to college here, but I know the feeling of having barely any free time.

My device is a dev Pre 2 as well, given away for free and then bought by me. It's a P102UEU Version (EU UMTS) since I currently live in Germany and bought it here via eBay as well.
I'm attaching two screenshots as well for you convenience.
http://imgur.com/a/gARjE
Feel free to contact me for further information.

Thanks again,
Felix

Wil Coulbourn

Jan 25, 2012, 4:45:18 PM1/25/12
to webos_...@googlegroups.com
Hi Felix and Rob
One thing I've noticed in my own application is that the whole 2.2.x WebOS release series has some kind of bug in the canvas drawing routines that causes the graph lines/bars/etc to appear offset from the graph "frame" (the ticks and labels and such).

Wil

Rob (rbtwhiz)

Jan 28, 2012, 8:30:03 PM1/28/12
to webos_...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Wil.

I'll have look into what the cause is and see if there is an acceptable way to address it - one that doesn't negatively impact devices that cannot run webOS 2.2. One of the other group members has sent me a screen shot, so I've now seen that there is definitely an issue. I am also preparing the dev Pre2 that I have to see it first hand.

I am unsure of how responsive HP will be to fixing what appears to be their bug - being as Fuel hasn't changed recently and you are seeing it in your own app. Have you contacted them about it? Have they responded to you (or anyone else experiencing the canvas issue)?

-Rob

Felix P.

Jan 29, 2012, 4:03:20 AM1/29/12
to webos_...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rob,

somehow my other Post never got published. It said it had to be controlled/checked by somebody.
I added an imgur link for screenshots, maybe that's the problem.

I did contact HP via the report a problem function in the Software Manager. I gave the my email-adress, a really detailed description. Yet I never heard from them, reported the bug over 3 weeks ago.

Again, thanks for your work!
Felix
fuel_2012-25-01_093441.png
fuel_2012-25-01_093456.png

Stoker

Feb 9, 2012, 6:17:44 AM2/9/12
to webos_...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I too have this problem on my Pre 2.
I tried exporting the data, then deleting the program,
then re-installing it and importing the data. But problem is still there.

I'm fairly sure it was not manifesting itself before the last update for the Pre, but I can't be certain.
Shame, as the program is otherwise superb - and the graphs are still readable though not so pretty.

I look forward to hearing if/when there's a slution to this problem.

Stoker.

Petr Tajovsky

Sep 5, 2012, 1:54:52 AM9/5/12
to webos_...@googlegroups.com
It is a pretty long time since last response in this thread, so I would like to ask if there is any chance of fixing the "broken graphs" issue on Pre3. I use Fuel on regular basis and I miss this feature I was using before upgrade to Pre 3. Thanks in advance. Petr

Rob (rbtwhiz)

Sep 6, 2012, 10:53:53 AM9/6/12
to webos_...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately, it doesn't look very likely at this point. I've had no time for work on personal projects, for quite a while... and I simply don't know when I'll be able to come up for air. My [all] day job has been very intense for longer than I can currently remember and my personal life hasn't been a walk in the park either. Top that off with the fact that I don't have access to a Pre 3 to test with and the fact that HP has abandoned webOS hardware... things just aren't stacking up in favor.

I realize that probably isn't what you want to hear, and I can tell you that it isn't what I want to have to say... but it is the unfortunate truth of the matter, as things currently stand.

-Rob

Eric Kegley

Sep 6, 2012, 11:15:25 AM9/6/12
to webos_...@googlegroups.com
Any chance that you might develope this for another platform, i.e.. IOS , Android, or WINDOWS PHONE?

Sent from my Palm Pre3 on AT&T