Waiting/waiting for wht is next

Kevin Meyer

Feb 21, 2011, 3:52:57 PM2/21/11
to Mail Delivery Subsystem, webos_...@googlegroups.com

I love this app. I probably don't fully exploit it. I can't wait to see what you add next.

I've been trying to utilize the reminders and cannot figure out how and what the diffence between regular reminders and one off's. For example, the regular reminders don't show up, but the manually entered ones do when I leave the window open.

Which leads to a suggestion... I'd love to be able to enter the manufacture's scheduled maintenance plan intervals with my additions or adjustments and get reminders to do just that...

Finally, this app is just awesome and I consider it one of the main reasons I haven't rejected the pre.

Thanks.
Carjunky

Rob (rbtwhiz)

Feb 21, 2011, 9:41:32 PM2/21/11
to webos_rbtwhiz
Thank you for the kind words.

Setting up the manufacturer's recommended service intervals (or any
interval of your choosing, for any purpose of your choosing) is why
Reminder Presets exist. You can give them whatever name you want,
whatever interval you want (either distance, time or both), and choose
whether or not they repeat; which in the case of an interval, you want
them to. When you choose a Preset that you've created, that Preset's
values will be used as offsets to a given date and distance, the
result of which will then be placed into the Reminder's fields for
you. The date and distance that the Preset uses to offset from depends
on whether it is repeating or not. If it is, the app attempts to find
the last completed reminder with the same name (i.e. the last
completed "Oil Change"), for that vehicle, and uses its completion
values. If one isn't found, or its not marked as repeating, the
current date and "current" odometer are used. If you haven't already,
take a look at these two pages on the support site...

http://sites.google.com/site/webosrbtwhiz/overview/fuel/reminder
http://sites.google.com/site/webosrbtwhiz/overview/fuel/preset

-Rob

On Feb 21, 1:52 pm, "Kevin Meyer"

pasto...@bethellutheranwindsor.com

Feb 25, 2011, 12:33:01 PM2/25/11
to webos_...@googlegroups.com
cool... thank you.
As you are planning the aspects of the mileage tracking for the next
app... i am looking for something simple... a start mileage and end
mileage, aand a space to enter names and then notes next to the trip.
Then of course an easy way to dump the info.

thanks.
Kevin

Quoting "Rob (rbtwhiz)" <rbt...@gmail.com>:

Rob (rbtwhiz)

Feb 27, 2011, 3:41:47 AM2/27/11
to webos_rbtwhiz
I appreciate the input. Thank you.

The distance tracking portion in the Plus version of the app maintains
a consistency with the existing interface. There is a little more to
it, because there are two locations and times involved instead of just
one, but it keeps a familiar feel so as to stay aligned with what
you're already using. The same import/export features are propagated
across the Plus features as well, so if you those features in Fuel,
you'll be comfortable in Fuel Plus.

-Rob