Export Error

Dan McGee

Jan 6, 2011, 1:38:56 PM1/6/11
to webos_rbtwhiz
I have been using fuel for some time now. Back in May I added a new
vehicle and started a new file. This is just history so you'll know
where i am at :)

I have several fill-ups now and cannot export the fueling data
(vehicle data exports). I get the following error:

"An unknown error occurred. Could not covert document"

Seems to me something is wrong in the file somewhere. Any chance you
can look at the .db file? I would like to be able to export for
backup and data viewing purposed.

I can forward the .db file if desired.

Thanks in advance.

Rob (rbtwhiz)

Jan 6, 2011, 3:07:27 PM1/6/11
to webos_rbtwhiz
I'd be happy to, Dan. Please do.

Does this happen every time you try to export? Just with this vehicle?

-Rob

Daniel McGee

Jan 6, 2011, 3:10:05 PM1/6/11
to webos_...@googlegroups.com

Rob,

Yes, every time I export this happens.  If I try a complete export, it exports the other data but chokes on this also.  It is only this vehicle as I only use for my driving vehicle.  My last one did not have this problem and had about 3000 records.

Here is the file:

Dan

Here i

0000000000000006.db

Rob (rbtwhiz)

Jan 7, 2011, 12:27:47 AM1/7/11
to webos_rbtwhiz
It occurs to me that you may have been attempting to backup your data
prior to upgrading to the current build, because...

This database file appears to be from an earlier version of the app
(earlier than 0.9.21). It is missing columns that were added between
0.9.16 (the previous public build) and 0.9.21 (the current public
build). With the most recent update, Fuel handles data migration
between versions because the database schema sometimes needs to change
in order to facilitate new features (particularly requests). It uses a
locally stored value to determine whether that migration has already
occurred for a given version, and if it has it bypasses the migration
routine on subsequent launches. So, if you were to attempt to restore
this .db from a manual backup of a previous version after installing
and launching 0.9.21 for the first time, the migration routine
wouldn't run because the local value would already be set.

I keep older versions of the app around... so I was able run 0.9.16 in
the emulator, load your database file into it and then install/launch
0.9.21 and allow the migration routine to do its work. Once I
attempted to export the data, I encountered the same error you did. It
turns out that there are two history event records (ODO 6220 and 7113,
records #57 and #59 respectively) with an illegal character in the
note field, just before the country designator in the address.

There are a couple of ways to fix this. The easiest/fastest is for you
to manually edit those records on the device, by highlighting,
deleting and then retyping the zipcode and country designator, and
then committing the corrections. Once you've done both, you should be
able to export without problems.

Another option is for me to send you the updated .db file directly. If
you want to go this route, you would want to rename the file I'd send
you to match the one currently in the directory on the device, and
then launch Fuel 0.9.21.

There is also a third option, which is for me to export the data and
share the spreadsheet with you.

Let me know which one you'd like to try.

-Rob
> > webos_rbtwhi...@googlegroups.com<webos_rbtwhiz%2Bunsubscribe@goog legroups.com>
> > .
> > For more options, visit this group at
> >http://groups.google.com/group/webos_rbtwhiz?hl=en.
>

>  0000000000000006.db
> 29KViewDownload

Daniel McGee

Jan 7, 2011, 7:22:00 AM1/7/11
to webos_...@googlegroups.com
Rob,

Thank you for the information.  I am not sure of the illegal character in the notes field, the addresses looked ok.  However, I was able to delete the notes and successfully export.

All is good in data land  :)

Thanks again, your help is appreciated.

Dan