Next Meeting? Input requested

Andrew Kinnie

Feb 3, 2011, 12:23:04 PM2/3/11
to webobje...@googlegroups.com
Greetings all,

February's meeting would normally be scheduled for Feb 17, 2011, which (as usual) is the third Thursday of the month. Beginning in March, I no longer will be limited to Tues or Thursday nights, so I will be able to attend on and Mon, Tues, Wed or Thurs. I am also game to starting that this month instead of next month, so it seems to me that we should start the new schedule, whatever it is, this month.

I was originally tentatively thinking Wed the 16th and the third Wed thereafter might be best, but I thought I should survey anyone who might be attending. Attendance has dropped pretty dramatically since we moved to Thursday, so I assume people may have issues with the night that they have not informed me of. I would like to be able to fix any such issues if possible.

So please let me know which is the best day for everyone. Specifically:

1. Which night is best for the meeting, Mon, Tues, Wed or Thurs, and do you have any conflict which would prevent you attending on any of those days?
2. Is the third week a problem for anyone, and if so do you have an alternate suggestion?

ALSO,

3. Does anyone have an issue with the location (K12 in Herndon), and if so, do you have a suggestion for an alternate location?

Thanks.

Andrew

David Avendasora

Feb 3, 2011, 12:37:56 PM2/3/11
to webobje...@googlegroups.com
You truly are a masochist, aren't you?

I think we've proven with out a doubt that _no one_ reads these, and if they do, no one ever responds with an opinion or suggestion.

Am I wrong? Somebody prove it! :-)

Anyway. I going to go with Wednesdays, and I would _really_ like to find a place closer-in to Arlington/Falls Church area since rarely do we get any K12 attendees anymore. I don't have a good suggestion right now for a venue, maybe Travis' lab?

As far as subject for this month I'd be happy just chatting about the difference between Cocoa and WebObjects and how the differences between Obj-C and Java impact the design patterns used in each. My hope would be to be laying the groundwork for an eventual presentation/series on Cocoa/WebObjects integration.

Dave

Andrew Kinnie

Feb 3, 2011, 12:57:14 PM2/3/11
to webobje...@googlegroups.com
I can dream, can't I?

Travis Britt

Feb 3, 2011, 1:20:42 PM2/3/11

On Feb 3, 2011, at 12:37 PM, David Avendasora wrote:
> Am I wrong? Somebody prove it! :-)

YOU LOSE!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9gRzmCf1EI

Wed works great. Much better than Thu. Thu is when I herd my cats.

> I would _really_ like to find a place closer-in to Arlington/Falls Church area

+1. But I don't want to impose undue hardship on our friends from the far side of 495. Maybe we take it up at the next meeting. I'll bring clubs.

> As far as subject for this month I'd be happy just chatting about the difference between Cocoa and WebObjects and how the differences between Obj-C and Java impact the design patterns used in each.

Sounds good and ambitious. I look forward to it.

tb

David Avendasora

Feb 3, 2011, 1:28:09 PM2/3/11

On Feb 3, 2011, at 1:20 PM, Travis Britt wrote:

> YOU LOSE!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9gRzmCf1EI

Yeah, but I'm Awesome! http://www.youtube.com/user/SposeVEVO#p/a/u/1/OYws8biwOYc

Aaron Rosenzweig

Feb 3, 2011, 4:09:53 PM2/3/11
to webobje...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guys,

For me:

Bad - Mon, Wed

Good - Tue, Thur

-- Aaron

Paul D Yu

Feb 3, 2011, 4:15:22 PM2/3/11
to webobje...@googlegroups.com
For me:

Bad - Tue, Thur

Good - Mon, Wed

Paul

Andrew Kinnie

Feb 3, 2011, 4:18:59 PM2/3/11
to webobje...@googlegroups.com
Terrific. Two mutually exclusive votes.

Aaron Rosenzweig

Feb 4, 2011, 10:48:15 PM2/4/11
to webobje...@googlegroups.com
你有沒有騙我? 就是我的相反嗎?

Andrew Kinnie

Feb 5, 2011, 8:05:53 AM2/5/11
to webobje...@googlegroups.com
I was about to say the same thing.

Andrew Kinnie

Feb 7, 2011, 10:30:20 AM2/7/11
to webobje...@googlegroups.com
OK, to re-cap:

No one particularly is married to Thursday, and some dislike it.
One vote for Mon or Wed, but not Tues or Thurs.
One vote for Tues or Thurs but not Mon or Wed.
Two votes for "Sure Wed is fine" (with a follow on that Tues wouldn't suck either)

So, evidently, the choices are now:

Tues or Wed.
Either one of which would exclude one potential attendee (Aaron or Paul)
I gather the other 3 who have stated preferences are mostly open to Tues or Wed.

Anyone have any further opinions?

Anyone have a suggestion for location? (Any K12ers going to speak up about keeping it there?)

(Yes, I apparently AM a masochist)

Paula Loehr

Feb 7, 2011, 10:54:12 AM2/7/11
to webobje...@googlegroups.com
I hope to be there in March, but not this month.

--
Paula Loehr

K12 Inc
719-460-4350