Jasper report question

1 view

Theodore Petrosky

Mar 30, 2012, 1:34:47 PM3/30/12
to webobje...@lists.apple.com
I am looking at the JasperReport example and I got it working beautifully with a fetch. I don't understand what to pass in if I have an object. in the example,

ERJRFetchSpecificationReportTask reportTask = new ERJRFetchSpecificationReportTask(fs, "StudioRevenueReport.jasper", parameters);

fs is a fetchspec. I already have the EO that I want to to a report on. Maybe I am reading too much into this?

public static Callable<File> createBriefReportTask(Brief theBrief) {

String reportDescription = "A report that subtotals revenue by Studio and lists the Movie revenue detail for each Studio";

HashMap<String, Object> parameters = new HashMap<String, Object>();
parameters.put("reportDescription", reportDescription);
parameters.put("userName", "WOWODC Demo");

// Builder pattern for constructor since.

ERJRFetchSpecificationReportTask reportTask = new ERJRFetchSpecificationReportTask(fs, "StudioRevenueReport.jasper", parameters);

return reportTask;
}

I want to pass in 'theBrief' to JasperReports. I guess I could be silly and create a fetchspecification that returns theBrief.

Ted

This email sent to webobjects-dev...@googlegroups.com