Unable to start remote server from the admin console.

abhi

Dec 20, 2006, 2:15:04 PM12/20/06
I have a cluster of 2 managed servers serverA on machine A and serverB
on machineB. Both the machines are running node managers. Managed
server on B i.e. serverB is set up to be managed remotely via admin
console on A. However I have not been able to start serverB
successfully.
Steps performed on Machine B.
- added machine A ip to nodemanager.hosts
- created unix machine B in admin console on A.
- added following entries in nodemanager.properties on A
- ScavangerDelaySeconds = 360
- ReverseDnsEnabled = true

Here is the log of errors I get when I try to launch remote server from
admin console.
<Dec 20, 2006 1:43:13 PM EST> <Error> <NodeM...@10.194.87.90:5555>
<The request to start the server NetlibraryServer2 of domain
njcwdocpw1aDomain failed because the node manager did not hear from the
managed server in the configured timeout period. Despite this, if the
managed server has not failed, it will come up and the node manager
will start monitoring it. To adjust this timeout so that the task does
not fail prematurely, please refer to the node manager property
ScavangerDelaySeconds (Default value : 180 seconds. Current value : 360
seconds).>
__COMMAND_EXCEPTION__The request to start the server NetlibraryServer2
of domain njcwdocpw1aDomain failed because the node manager did not
hear from the managed server in the configured timeout period. Despite
this, if the managed server has not failed, it will come up and the
node manager will start monitoring it. To adjust this timeout so that
the task does not fail prematurely, please refer to the node manager
property ScavangerDelaySeconds (Default value : 180 seconds. Current
value : 360 seconds).

Please advise.
Thanks