MEM_ARGS

abhi

Dec 19, 2006, 7:11:01 PM12/19/06
I'm trying to launch managed servers in cluster from weblogic admin
console. I know they get kicked with a help of node manager. How do I
bump up the JVM memory on each of the individual managed servers. They
dont seem to be using startManagedserver.sh when launching via console.

I did not find any config specific to the managed server where I can
place MEM_ARGS to override existing env variable.

Thanks

gustcol

Dec 20, 2006, 11:56:28 AM12/20/06
You can configure these parameters on the setEnv.sh.. Like this:

machine1)
WLS_HOST=machine1.well.com.br
JAVA_OPTIONS="-server -verbosegc -ms512m -mx512m
-XX:NewSize=64M -XX:MaxNewSize=64M -XX:SurvivorRatio=6
-XX:MaxPermSize=128m
;;
machinw2)
WLS_HOST=machine2.well.com.br
JAVA_OPTIONS="-server -verbosegc -ms512m -mx512m
-XX:NewSize=64M -XX:MaxNewSize=64M -XX:SurvivorRatio=6
-XX:MaxPermSize=128m..

I can help you without problems, send me(gus...@gmail.com) your
setEnv.sh

abhi

Dec 20, 2006, 1:54:35 PM12/20/06
Thanks but I figured out another way of setting server specific JVM
MEM_ARGS. It could be accomplished via console by clicking on a
specific server link -> Configuration -> Remote Start and setting
arguments to -Xms512m -Xmx2024m