WLS 6.1 sp2 EJB ServletAuthentication.weak

Message has been deleted

frank.ren...@nordea.com

Aug 29, 2006, 4:41:38 AM8/29/06
Hi

I work with an web application where some parts of the application is
open and other parts need authorisation.

I use the functionality in wls 6.1 which is given by
ServletAuthentication to authorise users. The users is stored in an
LDAP.

My problem is that I have an EJB which dont work after a user has
logged in..more exact, after the ServletAuthentication.weak is run, the
EJB lookup fails....

I would be grateful for any help to solve this problem...or hints in
this matter.

Best regards

Frank

sti...@gmail.com

Aug 30, 2006, 9:22:27 AM8/30/06

frank.ren...@nordea.com skrev:

> Hi

> My problem is that I have an EJB which dont work after a user has
> logged in..more exact, after the ServletAuthentication.weak is run, the
> EJB lookup fails....

> Frank

Do you get a security exception?

The story is:

1) define the user 'topsecprincipal' in Weblogic LDAP

2) define in weblogic.xml mapping the user to a role 'topsecrole':

<weblogic-web-app>

<context-root>/toptime</context-root>

<security-role-assignment>
<role-name>topsecrole</role-name>
<principal-name>topsecprincipal</principal-name>
</security-role-assignment>

</weblogic-web-app>

3) define in web.xml (for web applications) the required role for
access

<security-constraint>
<web-resource-collection>
<web-resource-name>example</web-resource-name>
<url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
<http-method>GET</http-method>
<http-method>POST</http-method>
</web-resource-collection>
<auth-constraint>
<role-name>topsecrole</role-name>
</auth-constraint>
</security-constraint>

or in ejb-jar.xml equivalent security role assignment for ejb's

http://e-docs.bea.com/wls/docs81/ejb/DDreference-ejb-jar.html#1115858

Otherwise post your exceptions here...

/www.seniorconsultant.co.uk

(yeah, I'm danish)

sti...@gmail.com

Aug 30, 2006, 9:59:17 AM8/30/06
and this also applies back to WLS 6.1 (ejb 2.0) as far as I remember:

http://edocs.beasys.com/wls/docs91/security/ejb_client.html