Can't create certificate with utils.CertGen

taihc

Sep 1, 2006, 6:07:16 AM9/1/06
Hi everyone,

I'm running WLS 8.1 SP5 on REHL 4.0.

I'm trying to setup SSL between the managed servers, admin servers and
Node Managers. I read the documentation and it mentioned that i have to
perform the following steps:

1) copy CertgenCA.der and CertGenCAKey.der to the folder where i want
to create the certificate. This is done.

2) run the CertGen utility by executing the following statement:

java utils.CertGen keypass certfile keyfile [export] [hostname]

when I tried executing the command, i got the following error:

utils.CertGen
at gnu.gcj.runtime.FirstThread.run() (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.5.0.0)
at _Jv_ThreadRun(java.lang.Thread) (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.5.0.0)
at _Jv_RunMain(java.lang.Class, byte const, int, byte const,
boolean) (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.5.0.0)
at __gcj_personality_v0
(/home/weblogic/CC_SSL_Example/java.version=1.4.2)
at __libc_start_main (/lib/tls/libc-2.3.4.so)
at _Jv_RegisterClasses
(/home/weblogic/CC_SSL_Example/java.version=1.4.2)

This seem like a classpath error so i update my .bashrc file to reflect
the path. Still it didnt' work. Can someone advise me on what other
steps can be done?

In addition, i was also told that keytool can be used to generate self
signed certificates. Are there any links that teaches you how to do
that? i've googled but they all too difficult for a newbie like me.
Thanks.

---
taihc