How can i access the httpRequest object fromt he security provider/Role Mapper

1 view

Akash Jayanthilal

Jan 12, 2007, 1:45:43 PM1/12/07

Does any one know how can we accesss httpRequest object from the
security provider or ven from RoleMapper..?

I have a requirement where the i have to get the users role from the
request and make that part of the user's role in JAAS.

Please advise.

stephani...@gmail.com

Jan 23, 2007, 4:58:27 AM1/23/07
It is impossible, as the security provider runs in another container
than the web container and therefore cannot access the http request.
But you can get JAAS groups in the security provider, and build your
roles on the top of the groups, or use a TextInputCallback, to retrieve
information from the user interface in the security provider.

Best regards,

S Barreau