jaas with wlclient.jar returns no principals

1 view

mcdonald carol

Feb 7, 2005, 10:24:59 AM2/7/05
We are developing a j2ee app using tomcat for the web container and weblogic for the ejb container.
We are using jaas for authentication with weblogic.
When our war is deployed on tomcat, using the wlclient.jar, the jaas authentication returns no principals with the subject. When we deploy our war on weblogic (or test a jaas client using weblogic.jar), the jaas authentication returns principlas.

What can we do to make the jaas authentication with a war deployed on tomcat work with weblogic?

Using WLClient.jar:
Subject is: Subject:
Private Credential: weblogic.security.auth.login.PasswordCredential@16bd8ea
Private Credential: SubjectProxy[23994289]

Size of Principals: 0
Principals:

Using Weblogic.jar:
Subject is: Subject:
Principal: mjLDAP
Private Credential: weblogic.security.auth.login.PasswordCredential@273686
Private Credential: weblogic.security.auth.login.PasswordCredential@6caf16

Size of Principals: 1
Principals:
mjLDAP

Andy Piper

Feb 7, 2005, 12:53:54 PM2/7/05
mcdonald carol <noad...@noaddress.given> writes:

This is a known issue. In wlclient.jar JAAS is mapped to CSIv2 which
does not exchange any principles, instead the Subject is synthesized
from the provided principles.

I don't know if there is any solution at this time. You might want to
call a function on your EJB to return the principles from the server.

andy